Ad Hoc Space Shuttle Landing Simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mcs_seattle

This is kind of fun for frustrated space shuttle enthusiasts...<br /><br />In Microsoft Flight Simulator, place a 737 on the space shuttle landing strip.<br />Now change the altitude to 100,000 feet and, without power, glide the 737 in for a dead stick landing on the runway, without flaps.<br /><br />

R

rubicondsrv

X-plane can simulate a shuttle landing at Edwards AFB<br /><br />www.X-plane.com<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

M

mcs_seattle

Is my understanding of the STA correct in that it does the simulated landing approaches with the thrust deflectors activated?<br /><br />

S

sorehed

Yes, it is. Some of the others can tell you more, but I believe it is a modified Gulfstream G-II. An 18-20 degree descent with gear down and thrust reversers near max.

S

sorehed

That sounds right. My info is from several years ago, so it's probably a bit dated. That profile has to be hard on the airframe.

R

rubicondsrv

If you get X-plane you will need a fast computer to run it. (1 gb ram and a fast graphics card)<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts