Advanced Degree in Cosmology

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cosmos_Fan

I have looked for hours to see if there is an advanced degree in cosmology but have not found any infomation on the subject. If anyone knows if there is indeed an advanced degree available I would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

R

ramparts

Define "advanced." Bachelors? Masters? PhD?

I've never seen a degree offered in cosmology. Most cosmologists have physics and/or astronomy degrees. Also bear in mind that you probably can't get any of these degrees online.

A

amshak

Yes Ramparts is right ,
Its something like P.H.D. in cosmology or Post P.H.D in cosmology. Cosmos is an intresting subject. I like this subject. Stellar formation... etc

A

a_lost_packet_

Cosmos_Fan":2dxiqlv4 said:
I have looked for hours to see if there is an advanced degree in cosmology but have not found any infomation on the subject. If anyone knows if there is indeed an advanced degree available I would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

I've never heard of an advanced degree, or any degree level for that matter, in "Cosmology." I would assume you would rather shoot for Astrophyics and/or Astronomy/physics/mathematics/etc and then come up with some wacky way the Universe could have all "got here" and then call yourself a Cosmologist. :)

I did some looking around and the only places I see offering anything called a "Cosmology" degree are.. well... junk.

It'd be interesting to see if some mainline University had such a program though. What would they teach? Would there be a warning label on the certificate?

"Cosmology Degree: Warning - Contents are subjects to change without notice. Freshness not guaranteed. Contents may settle during shipment into unexpected dimensions. Possession of this degree affords no entitlements to the bearer. The cake is a lie."

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts