An Odd Hypothesis

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bonzelite

indeed. <br /><br />the dark matter/dark energy proponents are literally in the dark on what existence is comprised of. they don't know what to call it, what they're looking at; cannot put it into a box, so they call it "dark matter" and "dark energy," when they really don't know what it is. and i am confident that whatever is "behind the scenes" is entirely beyond the perception of human technology and the 5 senses. <br /><br />so have a sandwich and a beer.

W

weeman

You're correct Bonz, trying to predict such distant future events seems almost impossible and a waste of time. I pretty much get a headache when I try to think of our universe reaching its one trillionth birthday! <br /><br />However, it is merely a theoretical future of how our universe might end if it is indeed doomed to expand forever. We can use our knowledge of physics and science to make very mathematical predictions. It deals a lot with thermal dynamics. If the universe is smaller, and closer together it will be hotter than say, 100 billion years from now when all its matter is farther apart. <br /><br />If indeed we do live in a closed universe, which goes back to the beginning of this thread, then we can assume the universe won't end in ice, it will end in fire! <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><strong><font color="#ff0000">Techies: We do it in the dark. </font></strong></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>"Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.</strong><strong>" -Albert Einstein </strong></font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.