Another mind teasing problem

• Thread starter abhinavkumar_iitr05
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

abhinavkumar_iitr05

If we consider the string theory then all the particle is made up of strings.As we move to the quantum level we consider the particle as the wave.<br /><br />What I would like to ask what is the property to these matter waves that it adds to the charge to the so called particle?<br /><br />Why is the charge distribution not continuous?What would have been the effect if it would have been continuous? <br /><br />As always all the ideas & views are welcomed

J

jschaef5

<font color="yellow">What I would like to ask what is the property to these matter waves that it adds to the charge to the so called particle? </font><br /><br />Are you asking how quantum desribes charge or string theory? Because i believe that in string theory, the various forms of matter and charge are all dependent on the frequency that the 'strings' vibrate at. I don't think there is much known on how exactly string theory works since theres really no way to prove it at this point in time. I'm sure someone can go into more detail about string theory if thats what you are asking about, or whether how quantum explains charge. But I think charge in quantum is related to the spin of the particles?<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

A

abhinavkumar_iitr05

Sorry for posting a question which is not very clear.But what I want to know is extactly the both.<br /><br />Replying to<br /><br /> But I think charge in quantum is related to the spin of the particles<br /><br />what I would like to ask is then why proton & neutron having the same spin have different charge.<br /><br />Why the neutrino & anti-neutrino have no difference in charge even when they have different spin?

N

newtonian

abhinavkumar_iitr05 - Closely investigating a charge can lead to shocking results! (pun intended)<br /><br />Seriously, I do not know what causes charge - but I think it is significant that the antimatter equivalent to a negatively charged electron is the positively charged positron.<br /><br />I also do not know what causes 'spin' in quarks nor how angular momentum is involved exactly - since it is not spin like that of solar systems or atoms (which are also different) - if I remember correctly.<br /><br />It is a huge, albeit tiny, area for future research.<br /><br />There may well be strings attached!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts