Any News on the Soyuz Launch Sept 14?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MeteorWayne

First has anyone heard if this launch took place?<br />According to spaceflightnow it was to take place 7AM yesterday.<br />They haven't updated their site.<br />Also any details on the two satellite's missions?<br /><br />"A Russian Soyuz rocket will launch the Foton M3 microgravity research capsule and the YES2 tether demonstration spacecraft." <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

Thanx BPC, exactly what I was looking for.<br /><br />Wayne <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

C

cbased

Thanks for the link.<br />I liked this one:<br /><i>Fotino will become the smallest spacecraft to re-enter Earth's atmosphere, and the nearly 20-mile length of the tether will make it the longest ever flown in space. </i><br />

B

bobw

The YES2 satellite only deployed 8.5 km of the planned 30 km tether and is stuck in orbit for a few days. Too bad. Tethers seem to be bad news for everybody who tries them.<br /><br />http://www.esa.int/esaCP/SEMBBBC1S6F_index_0.html<br /><br />I downloaded and saved a couple humongous pictures from the website BPCooper posted on the 15th and was hoping everything would go OK for them. It was interesting to read that they had to wind and unwind the spool three times because the .5 mm dyneema tether gets shorter and more flexible for the first couple cycles. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

C

cbased

Foton-M3 has successfully returned back to Earth.<br />The micro-capsule (Fotino) is still orbiting Earth - they expect it to land on Tuesday.<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts