are we alone in this totality?

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.

you liked it I know it was silly just told what I think😅

• Total voters
May 11, 2021
Visit site
I agree with that. Silicon based is one possibility. However, I think that the proportions of the elements have a lot to do with it. I think "life" will utilise what is there in plentiful supply.

Cat :)
Yes life would probably use whatever was to hand under the conditions it found itself in that it could gainfully process. Silicon might be used in some form as it forms a lot of polymeric substances, although the scope with carbon is probably greater. For those who are not familiar with the extent of biochemistry check this link out: metabolic pathways
and this is only a tiny fraction of the full thing.

Reactions: Catastrophe
OK, I've introduced this discussion before on this site, but I've heard nothing in return. All life on earth can be attributed to gases & water that are indigenous to our planet. All living organisms store genetic information using the same molecules or DNA & RNA. In any case all living things are made up of cells found only on earth ie "All cells are made from the same major classes of organic molecules: nucleic acids, proteins, carbohydrates, and lipids."
As a result, science goes around looking for another earth that has a similar makeup, so we can find life as we know it.
However, does the above scenario not illustrate a different logic- that life stems from whatever is available in a specific atmosphere for an extended period of time. Maybe not life as we know it but nevertheless a life form .
Secondly, we humans are relying on 5 senses (plus math) to discover everything. What if in the universe there exist say 20 senses then we have a long way to go. Sort of like an army of ants trying to discover what happened to their hill on the 50-yard line of a football field.
Well the odds of creating a bacteria the simplest life from a chemical soup are pretty appaliing.
If those odds are the reality of life in the universe then we are probably alone.

We simply don't know.
The next 50 years will tell a story about life when we can get an idea of atmospheres of extraterrestrial worlds and a pretty good idea if life is on them.

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
There are billions of galaxies we can see. There are billions more which will become visible as our telescopes and wavelength detection improve, there are (imho) billions upon billions upon billions more that we will never ever detect under any circumstances. And all these galaxies have billions of planets which are either in Goldilocks Zones (or have had or will have such planets, or many of which have or had or will have suitable moons. (As their stars expand, even the outer planets will come into Goldilocks Zones).

Of course we are the only one with intelligent life. And of course there have not been nor ever will be any other planet with intelligent life, ever. Obviously!

Don't worry. Only joking!

Reactions: Helio
Feb 3, 2020
Visit site
Well the odds of creating a bacteria the simplest life from a chemical soup are pretty appaliing.
If those odds are the reality of life in the universe then we are probably alone.

We simply don't know.
The next 50 years will tell a story about life when we can get an idea of atmospheres of extraterrestrial worlds and a pretty good idea if life is on them.

Well, we may not have to wait 50 years. I understand the U.S. Govt. is going to disclose everything it knows about UFOs in the next month or so. Possibly a "civilization changing" moment.

Feb 3, 2020
Visit site
I would bet an ice cream sundae that we won't have definitive evidence that fits well within the SM. The unidentified and unexplained are too often not explainable.

I tend to agree. It will be interesting, though. Just for giggles, I wonder about the implications to our understanding of Physics and by extension Cosmology if the U.S. tells us something "indisputable". The video "evidence" seems quite extraordinary.

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
Are we alone in this totality?

I think that the overwhelming answer is NO, although the distances to other stars means that meeting our neighbours is going to be very unlikely without either or both parties having what we, today, consider "science fiction" resources such as faster than light travel (believed to be impossible) or access through "warps" which are also believed impossible, and which would involve crossing folds in space(time).

May 13, 2022
Visit site
there are other civilizations, thats my opinion. i only think that they are on the same timeline in development.

What if we are the only "Living In Current/Real Time" intelligent life forms, and all others have traveled back in time over the ages?

The reason to think that is that if they are 10.000years beyond on us, that maybe we are being taking over. We have raw materials that they maybe need. Now, i know that those beings are much the same as humans. Only the difference is that they eat less, are telepathic and have strong bonds and networks, they have learn from the history. A universal law is permission. I dont think that they are taken us over., because i believe that they get in trouble doing that...

Now, the story behind the three ufo videos released by dod; if those are extraterrestials vehicles that are messing with our nukes (robert hastings), then something else is going on. Elizondo put it away as a threat. What i believe what is going on, is that those vehicles are human and that extraterrestials dont have much need to taking us over. I believe they cracked the (collective consciousness)field that is needed for telepathy. They probably can watch on what level we are right now. A problem with that, is that it is a universal law to get permission. How do they get permission to look into our collective consciousness field? From who?

What i wanna see is how those AAV's perform under water and in space. Those three videos says nothing about if it is extraterrestial.

But no, we are not alone space and in this unversum.

Latest posts