Are we humans becoming Telepathic?

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
That's fine Ken, but I find it hard to believe that this decision to turn can be transmitted very quickly (OK, I should not have said instantaneously - it is another bad word like infinity). Considering a flock of birds, which can only have limited visual contact with one another, and ruling out sound amidst the flapping of wings, what is left? OK you are now going to tell me that it doesn't happen very quickly?

Cat :)

That's fine Ken, but I find it hard to believe that this decision to turn can be transmitted very quickly (OK, I should not have said instantaneously - it is another bad word like infinity). Considering a flock of birds, which can only have limited visual contact with one another, and ruling out sound amidst the flapping of wings, what is left? OK you are now going to tell me that it doesn't happen very quickly?

Cat :)

For starlings apparently it is transmitted at between 20-40m per second.

I wouldn't start with telepathy to explain bird flock behavior (or human mob behavior) without existing clear evidence of telepathy as a known biological ability and/or absence of other explanations. I would look to see if any studies have been done and what they reveal. I wouldn't assume birds cannot see well enough or that they cannot hear well enough but look for observational evidence.

For example I've heard that studies of birds flying in formations show they are sensitive to changes in air flows from birds ahead and respond to that and I looked for that couldn't find the link, sorry, but that is a different case - formation flying appears about reducing wind resistance by taking advantage of the wakes of other birds, for which some kind of "touch" sensitivity via feathers is used, felt in a similar way a puff of breeze disturbs human hairs and we feel it.

I did find starlings instead.

There is improving technical ability for tracking all the individuals in a bird flock through video camera imagery - previously that was not possible, no surprise - and was used to study flocks of starlings. The actual paper is paywalled but reporting by Smithsonian Magazine on it says the decision propagates with individuals copying the nearest neighbors within flocks at between 20-40m per second - about 0.5 seconds for a flock of around 400 starlings to change direction and likened in mathematical terms with fluid flows. Fast, yes, and that might look like instant to naked eye but better observation shows delay between first birds turning and last.

Reactions: Catastrophe
Some life has frequency signals sent and received between members so high, (signal) compact and quick (but not instantaneous or faster than light), as to not be detectable by humans or most other life.

Also, 'telepathy' (a form of simultaneous -- instantaneous -- send/receive communication mind to mind) and 'perception' or 'perceptiveness' (a variable quality of analysis and deduction : (dictionary) a capacity for comprehension, discernment) are not the same thing.

Telepathy is you say it and it is in another mind, or in others' minds if broadcast, at exactly the same instant as you say it. That goes for picturing as well. Possibly tension: Possibly all sensed and sensible things that make it to a mind, communicated to another, or others, in the same instant of making it to the mind. So there may be no separating telepathic communication from mental energy; transmissions and/or exchanges of mental energies, either. Telepathic communication could be both benign and malign in any one communication, accidentally so or otherwise.

Telepathy would be more than likely a form of quantum entanglement of certain segments, possibly boxed segments, of minds.

Last edited:
There was an interesting TV piece here in Aus. about middle aged identical twin sisters aptly named 'The Twinnies' They finished each other's sentences, their answers to questions were the same and in sync.
It was like they shared a consciouness.

Last edited:
Reactions: Catastrophe