Ares-1 Orbital Insertion, Trajectory

Page 3 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>&nbsp;My question: Would it be possible to change the ISS's orbital inclination? The Russians can launch their Soyuz from Guiana now, so why not have the Russians use the equatorial spaceport and lower the ISS's inclination.&nbsp; <br />Posted by wubblie</DIV><br /><br />NO!</p><p>The ISS is quite massive (I'll have to check for current value) It would require an enormous amount of fuel and thrust to change the inclination. More than it could possible be worth doing.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts