Armadillo Aerospace: For every dark cloud...

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PistolPete

...there is a silver lining.<br /><br />With the bad news coming out of Scaled Thursday, it is good to hear some good news. If you haven't read the latest article about Armadillo, I suggest you should. Recently they conducted a whole series of test launches with their modular rocket design with great success.<br /><br />I would especially recommend checking out the video. The last two launches were very smooth. Strap a few of these together and they would almost be ready for manned test flight.<br /><br />I wouldn't get too worried about the disaster at Mojave ending alt.space. As Armadillo is showing us this snowball is too big to stop.<br /><br />Armadillo Aerospace Reports Progess on Modular Rocket Design<br /><br />VIDEO: Armadillo Tests the Launch Stack<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><em>So, again we are defeated. This victory belongs to the farmers, not us.</em></p><p><strong>-Kambei Shimada from the movie Seven Samurai</strong></p> </div>

D

docm

Armadillo has the basis of som pretty neat landers, at the very least. If their modular design progresses as fast as things have been going recenty they're in for a helluva ride. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

M

mithridates

That's nice to see. Completely unrelated, but I was also thinking yesterday about how Gliese 581 is 75 million km closer to us than in April when we discovered the third planet around it. I guess that's a smidgen of good news too. Hey, it's now 3000 km closer than when I started writing this post. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>----- </p><p>http://mithridates.blogspot.com</p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts