Astronomical Entanglement and ER=EPR Indicate the Universal Wormhole

Nov 16, 2019
Visit site
Astronomical quantum entanglement and quantum teleportation indicate nothingness and the universal wormhole. My forthcoming paper proposes that the recent discovery of quantum entanglement extending to 2,000 light-years (10 quadrillion kilometers) and the ER=EPR conjecture indicate the existence of nothingness and the universal potential for quantum wormholes.

"ER=EPR" is a pseudo acronym that refers to Einstein-Rosen bridges and the EPR paradox. The ER=EPR conjecture says that any pair of entangled particles (EPR) is connected by an Einstein-Rosen bridge (ER), while ER is commonly called a "wormhole." No scientific evidence indicates the reality of any traversable wormhole which would have mouths at each end that permit particles to transport back and forth through the wormhole. However, quantum wormholes have no traversable mouths. The physics that indicates the impossibility or unlikeliness of traversable wormholes has nothing to do with the ER=EPR conjecture.

The EPR paradox refers to the famous 1935 paper by Albert Einstein, Boris Podolsky and Nathan Rosen which describes what is now called "quantum entanglement" and respective "action at a distance." However, the authors rejected the possibility of entanglement and action at a distance because the theory of relativity implies that the entanglement of causally disconnected particles is impossible. Instead, the authors proposed that the appearance of entanglement was actually determinism caused by hidden variables. Standard physics eventually rejected hidden-variable theory and accepted the reality of quantum entanglement while there is no consensus for the structure of entanglement.

Ironically, later in 1935, Einstein and Rosen published their famous paper about relativity and theoretical 'bridges' that can connect causally disconnected regions of spacetime, that is, wormholes or ER. The irony is that wormhole theory can logically explain the entanglement of otherwise causally disconnected particles, for example, the EPR paradox. Also, nobody proposed a wormhole resolution for the EPR paradox until 2013 when Juan Maldacena and Leonard Susskind published "Cool Horizons for Entangled Black Holes" and introduced ER=EPR. Since then, Google Scholar has compiled over 800 references to ER=EPR.

The most amazing cases of entanglement include laboratory generated quantum teleportation and entangled pairs of photons in outer space. For example, quantum teleportation is the instantaneous transfer of quantum information from one location to a so-called causally disconnected location. Also, some entangled photons have endured for eight billion years while the action at distance expands to 2,000 light-years. The endurance of the entanglement is older than the Sun while the distance of the entanglement is 23 times the distance from the Sun to its nearest neighboring star. The cases of quantum teleportation and astronomical entanglement can be logically explained by the ER=EPR conjecture, while there is no other reasonable explanation for the teleportation and entanglement.

I propose that the ER=EPR conjecture and the ubiquity of entanglement in laboratories and outer space indicate the existence of nothingness and the universal potential for quantum wormholes, that is, the universal wormhole. The universal wormhole has no mouths while it nonetheless can collapse the causal disconnection between any two locations in the universe. This permits a preferred focal pathway for a universal chronology despite the relativity of simultaneity which implies that there is no absolute universal chronology. Also, relativity does not imply the B-theory of time, eternalism and temporal parts. For example, relativity does not imply that objects persist through the time dimension in the same way they extend through the three spatial dimensions. Furthermore, I develop more on modern physics for natural theology in my forthcoming paper "Theodicy, Supreme Providence, and Semiclassical Theism."

Source: James Goetz, "Theodicy, Supreme Providence, and Semiclassical Theism," Theology and Science (forthcoming) https://philarchive.org/archive/GOETSP-4.

Last edited:

MMohammed

Community Manager
Oct 10, 2019
Visit site
The universal wormhole has no mouths while it nonetheless can collapse the causal disconnection between any two locations in the universe. This permits a preferred focal pathway for a universal chronology despite the relativity of simultaneity which implies that there is no absolute universal chronology.

Apologies for what must be an absolutely novice question, but can you expand a bit on this please?

Nov 16, 2019
Visit site
Hi MMohammed,

My deepest apologies for my 11 month delay to respond. I guess any number of things can be confusing in that paragraph.

First, I say the universal wormhole has no mouths. This distinguishes it from traversable wormhole models. which have a mouth at each end. The universal wormhole is a universal potential for a wormhole between any two points in the universe.

Second, special relativity implies that two distant points are causally disconnected, but a wormhole can bridge all space between distant points and permit causal connection, such as quantum entanglement.

Third, the relativity of simultaneity predicted by special relativity says that no two distant points are absolutely simultaneous or have an absolute chronology, but any observers that detect two distant events through the universal wormhole are unaffected by causal disconnection and see a universal chronology.

I hope this helps you to be understand my post.

Cheers,

James

Nov 16, 2019
Visit site
Hi David-J-Franks,

My paper's reference for the 8-billion-year entanglement is Dominik Rauch et al., "Cosmic Bell Test Using Random Measurement Settings from High-Redshift Quasars," Physical Review Letters 121, no. 8 (2018): 080403.

My OP refers to my philosophy of science argument for presentism in sections 2.6-7 of my cited paper. The overall paper is a natural theology while section 2 focuses on the paper's natural science background.

Cheers,

Jim

Latest posts