Astronomy Magazines

Which magazine are the best?

• Astronomy Magazine

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Sky & Telescope

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Astronomy Now

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please tell the name of the magazine)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ricardo_Savino

Hello people.

I have a little doubt here about astronomy magazines.
I subscribed Astronomy Magazine for two years and now my subscription is over. It´s a great magazine, lots of cool info, articles and amazing photos, so, I have nothing to complain about.

But, there´s others, like S&T and Astronomy Now (from UK). What you guys think about those magazines? There´s others that ships worldwide that I should know about?
What do you guys think about it?

Thanks in advance!!

C

crazyeddie

I voted for Sky and Telescope. I've been a subscriber for almost 30 years. I used to also subscribe to Astronomy, but that magazine gradually started dumbing itself down and I found it more suitable for newbies. I also think Sky and Telescope is more objective when it comes to equipment reviews, whereas Astronomy never has a bad thing to say about any telescope.....probably because they don't want to risk offending their advertisers.

V

vogon13

I realize it is not a magazine, but I find it disappointing the poll did not include the 1611 King James Bible.

Everything everyone needs to know about anything is right there!

S

silylene

As a refernce source, I prefer Jonathon Swift (Gullivers Travels), myself. After all, Swift predicted Mars' moons 150 years before they were observed in a scope.

Jonathan Swift's satire Gulliver's Travels (1726) refers to two moons in part 3, chapter 3 (the "Voyage to Laputa"), in which the astronomers of Laputa are described as having discovered two satellites of Mars orbiting at distances of 3 and 5 Martian diameters, and periods of 10 and 21.5 hours, respectively. This corresponds to the actual orbital distances and periods of Phobos and Deimos of 1.4 and 3.5 Martian diameters, and 7.6 and 30.3 hours, respectively.

M

MeteorWayne

I didn't vote, since it depends best for who? For the beginner, I might vote for Astronomy. For someone whose been into astronomy for a while, I'd pick S&T.

D

dragon04

I used to subscribe to Astronomy for many years. While I'm very interested in Astronomy, Astrophysics and All Things Space, I'm definitely not into it to the depth of so many folks here like MW, 3488, et al.

E

EvanB

On the note of astronomy magazines, are there any free astronomy magazines out there?

I agree with Wayne.

A get both Astronomy & S&T every month as well as Astronomy Now, the British one.

Astronomy Now is great for beginners, does have some great articles, downside is that it is often full of typos, other than that, it's OK.

Andrew Brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.