Astrophotography lvl2

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

koxsalida

Hey everyone, I have an Orion atlas 10" EQ-G telescope and an Orion starshoot deep space imager II Monochrome CCD camera. I was wondering if there is any way of using my other eyepieces with the imager to increase my magnification with the camera? Would a simple "tele-extender" work well with this? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

R

RixPJ

<p>A barlow lens would work but with increased magnification the harder it becomes to get a good image (because all the tracking errors become more apparent).&nbsp; What focal length is your telescope?&nbsp; On my LX200 I use a F3.3 focal reducer to give me a wider field of view with my DSI Pro II camera.&nbsp; For planets I use a different camera (Philips SPC900NC or Imaging Source DMK21AU04.AS) and a barlow (3X if seeing allows).</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>I hope that helps a little.&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

K

koxsalida

the focal length of my telescope is 1200mm <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

R

RixPJ

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>the focal length of my telescope is 1200mm <br /> Posted by koxsalida</DIV></p><p>ok, well a barlow would work just fine for targets that need high magnification (planets mainly). &nbsp; I use a 3x barlow when imaging Jupiter, Saturn and Mars.&nbsp; I have even had some success stacking barlows (2x plus a 3x).&nbsp; It is tough to achive good focus when you do that though.&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts