BBC: Dr. Who movie in dev....

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

docm

At the end of an article about the TV series was this little nugget;

>
Tennant will firstly appear in three specials, starting with The Waters of Mars in November.

Meanwhile, Doctor Who may be heading for the big screen after a spokeswoman for BBC Films confirmed that "a script is in development".

BBC entertainment correspondent Lizo Mzimba said there were no guarantees a film would be made and that, if the project went into full production, a release would be a long time away.

D

dragon04

It's been a long time since Peter Cushing fought the Daleks as Dr. Who on the Big Screen.

I'm not sure who I'd like to see cast as the Doctor for such a movie, but after watching a couple seasons of him in the role, I warmed up to David Tennant and he's become my second favorite all-time Doctor behind Tom Baker.

I think Tennant would be a logical choice not only for the role comfort in which he displays as the Doctor, but because newer fans to the series would likely identify him as "THE Doctor".

C

CalliArcale

On the other hand, once he leaves the show, he'll likely become less available. And they may prefer to have whomever is the "current" Doctor filling the role.

What might be really cool is if they used Paul McGann, who played the 8th Doctor in just one televised story. He deserves some more screen time, IMHO, and logically, he'd be the Doctor who was involved in the Time War (assuming the Time War was responsible for his regeneration into Christopher Eccleston, anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts