Best AI movies of all time

Quite a good list - a lot of the movies I would choose as well. One omission is Star Wars, R2D2 and C3PO. Not because they are particularly accurate or anything but because the series has been so massively influential. (over robot design & research)

I might be more cynical about the modern upsurge in 'AI' because to me a lot of it seems to be more like marketing than anything substantial. This is from a background of working in real Strong AI since the 1990's.

In reality investment in the real thing tends to stick very close to zero. - Just tell people about the costs, the chances of success, other problems, and the 20+ year lead times and most investors will run a mile.

Reactions: wipster
Jan 30, 2024
Visit site
And while this is a movie list, perhaps one of the best depictions of Artificial Super Intelligence (ASI) is the series Person of Interest. While ASI was involved from the beginning, it became more apparent from season 2 through the finale in season 5 when there were two competing ASI's basically at war with each other. Possibly the best TV series ever IMHO. While it came from the mid 2010's, I see some of the things it showed in many things happening today in the real world and also depicted in movies such as the latest Mission Impossible.

If you want to binge something great, I highly recommend it!

Reactions: Robert Lucien Howe
Left out all the Star Wars films, some of the Star Treks, Battlestar Galactica, ['Colossus', The Forbin Project], The Day The Earth Stood Still, I Robot, Tron...

To me the best and most accurately representing the future of Artificial Intelligence is the Star Wars films . . . that is providing we bust out of Earth into the open frontier of the Solar System and universe at large. If not...!

Reactions: Robert Lucien Howe

Latest posts