Best objects.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iamgus

I am new to observing the skies with a telescope. My wife bought me a 8" Orion Dobsonian for Chrismas and am just starting to get the hang of it. But I still have a difficult time locating some to the better objects. So my question is: What are the best objects to view with an 8"? I have been looking at all of the local stuff (ie. Moon, Orion Neb, Saturn, Mars, etc.), but i'm starting to tire of them and want something a little more challenging. Thanks for the help!!!<br />

T

tfwthom

That's easy<br /><br />SAC here in Phoenix has a nice list. One is Objects Viewable From Metro Phoenix (or anywhere for that matter) Your 8" will work fine on this list. (talking to the guys that wrote it it's designed for any size scope) You don't get the awards unless you join the club but they did put together some good lists.<br /><br />http://www.saguaroastro.org/content/Things-to-view.htm<br /><br /><br />Work your way through all of them and you will be a pretty good observer. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1" color="#3366ff">www.siriuslookers.org</font> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts