Best quotes from a Sci-FI Flick

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

a_lost_packet_

Just about any line from "Aliens" and every single line spoken by Hudson. :)

A hudson scene montage

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf6wNZNM0tU[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHYGgOXww48[/youtube]

Probably one of my favorite comedy relief characters.. ever. Definitely, a role that made Paxton famous. He should have got an Oscar. :)

Y

yevaud

You reminded me of another great line:

"Why do I do this? Because the money's good, the scenery changes, and they let me use explosives, OK?" -- Steve Buscemi (Rockhound) in Armageddon

Z

ZenGalacticore

Newt, the little girl in "Aliens"-

'They mostly come out at night. Mostly...'

Of course, that little girl is now well into her thirties. That relentless march of time. Oh well, another thread...

B

bdewoody

Nothing from Galaxy Quest. One of my favorite SciFi spoofs but I can't think of a single line. How strange.

M

Mee_n_Mac

President: Dan, we didn't see this thing coming?
Truman: Well, our object collision budget's about a million dollars a year. That allows us to track about three percent of the sky, and begging your pardon sir, but it's a big-ass sky.

From Armageddon

One of the few lines I enjoyed in an otherwise stupid movie ... because it rang so true.

M

Mee_n_Mac

Khan (at deaths door) : No. No, you can't get away. From hell's heart, I stab at thee. For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee.

From STII: The Wrath of Khan (or Moby-Dick, as you please)

A

a_lost_packet_

bdewoody":1cwgjory said:
Nothing from Galaxy Quest. One of my favorite SciFi spoofs but I can't think of a single line. How strange.

I love that movie! There are a bunch of good ones. http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Galaxy_Quest

Tommy Webber: Go for the eyes, like in episode 22!
Jason Nesmith: It doesn't have any eyes!
Tommy Webber: Well, then, go for the throat or something. Its vulnerable spots!
Jason Nesmith: It's a rock! It doesn't have any vulnerable spots!
Guy Fleegman: I know! You'll need to make a weapon. Look around; can you construct some sort of rudimentary lathe?

Guy Fleegman: Oh, that's not right! (or something like that..)

One of my favorite scenes is when Nesmith is on the ground being examined by the "Little Green Men" and something to the effect follows:

LGM1: What is it?
LGM2: I don't know.
LGM1: Hit it with a rock.

:)

S

StarRider1701

Mars Attacks

The funny looking alien is being allowed to address the US Congress. After a long winded speech of welcome, the alien steps to the podium... pulls out a ray gun and starts blasting!
Panic and chaos ensue in every direction...
"Oh my God, he just fried Congress!" Screams one panicing person trying to get away from the beams.

Galaxy Quest was great, but I laughed so much I nearly hurt myself watching Mars Attacks.

S

strandedonearth

After listening to my six-year-old getting mad at his twelve-year-old sister because she was winning at a memory game, the phrase "Let the Wookie win" came to mind...

B

bdewoody

quote from a Sci-Fi TV series StarGate Atlantis Jack O'Neill "whats his problem" (directed at McKay) Dr.Weir "He's from Canada" O'Neill "I'm sorry"

B

BrianBoru

From Aliens;

Hudson: Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?
Vasquez: No. Have you?

Hudson: Hey, maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked, pal!

Basically Bill Paxton is just a riot in that film. :lol:

C

crazyeddie

Campiest line from one of the cheesiest sci-fi flicks from the 1950's:

"I hate zat qveen!" - Zsa Zsa Gabor, in Queen of Outer Space

qosbetty.jpg

C

Couerl

"I am,.. Brahms"..
Spock: And Davinci..

"Look gentleman,.. 20 miles,.. 20 miles.......7800 levels... and 400 other shafts like this one"..
Morbius

"Try your blaster on that commander",.. "Why it should be molten".. "Not even warm".. Forbidden Planet.

"Decker, where's your crew"?........... "They're on the third planet..."There is no third planet!"........ "Don't youuu think I Knooooww thaaaaaat,!... There was,... but not-ny-more"!
Kirk and Decker :lol:

A

a_lost_packet_

Star Trek V - The Final Frontier - Montgomery Scott: There's nothing amazing about it. I know this ship like the back of my hand. [Klunk!-Smacks into a utility pipe and knocks himself out.]

I couldn't find a vid of that one.. but, I did run across something else pretty funny in a sci-fi movie.. Watch the stormtrooper on the far right..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBQaLuqwtl8[/youtube]

Now, whatever line he might have mumbled under his breath would certainly qualify as a memorable quote. :)

M

Mee_n_Mac

From ST:TOS "A Piece of the Action"

Kirk and Spock approach a vintage auto, Kirk is to drive for the 2'nd time ...

Spock: "Must we?"
Kirk : "It's faster than walking."
Spock: "But not as safe..."
Kirk : "Are you afraid of cars?"
Spock: "Not at all. It's your driving that alarms me."

H

HRacct

How about the older movie, "The Island," where the lead character is a clone and sees a motorcycle for the first time,
and says, "I don't know what that was, but I have to get one." Or some such statement.

If you have never seen that movie, forget I said that, I wouldn't want to spoil the character identification for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.