Question big bang

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
Firstly there probably was no Gig Bang.
BB was an epithet to insult the idea. Fred Hoyle said it as he favoured a steady state Universe.

I don't think anybody really knows - but I do not like the idea of extrapolating backwards in a straight line from expansion of the Universe. I think there was a gentle curve going backwards so you have something like an egg timer shape on its side,
What is 'on the other side' is not knowable and simply a matter of conjecture.

Cat :)

Reactions: IG2007

IG2007

"Don't criticize what you can't understand..."
where did the material for the big bang come from?
Sir Starlo,

I believe that this Universe is part of an infinite multiverse or it has no start nor any end. I don't know whether Science has anything to disprove or prove it but I believe this Universe we are in, did have a beginning and there were infinite Universes unlike (you will understand why I said unlike if you read forward) this one before. Each Universe started with different Physical Laws and then collapsed back because they were not suitable (maybe, this one will also be like that). We can say that during the time of the big bang, the Universe was kind of a Blackhole or something like that, which burst open due to the right Laws of Quantum Physics and is still going on expanding and I think it will expand forever. This proves that there is no need of a Creator to make a Universe. And, maybe, this universe will again go back to its initial stage because of the Big Crunch or maybe this Universe will be divided into infinite Universes due to the Big Rip. I don't think there will be a Heat Death or a Big Chill.

Reactions: Truthseeker007
Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
Sir Starlo,

I believe that this Universe is part of an infinite multiverse or it has no start nor any end. I don't know whether Science has anything to disprove or prove it but I believe this Universe we are in, did have a beginning and there were infinite Universes unlike (you will understand why I said unlike if you read forward) this one before. Each Universe started with different Physical Laws and then collapsed back because they were not suitable (maybe, this one will also be like that). We can say that during the time of the big bang, the Universe was kind of a Blackhole or something like that, which burst open due to the right Laws of Quantum Physics and is still going on expanding and I think it will expand forever. This proves that there is no need of a Creator to make a Universe. And, maybe, this universe will again go back to its initial stage because of the Big Crunch or maybe this Universe will be divided into infinite Universes due to the Big Rip. I don't think there will be a Heat Death or a Big Chill.
I think that is a good understanding. Well if we look at nature. Everything dies and then is reborn. So it is for sure this Universe will for sure die one day and poof there are plenty more universes to explore. It could be one day this Universe could just pop like a bubble.

The original question was "where did the material for the big bang come from?"
The answer here depends upon which Big Bang flavor or model you are using. The original BB model in 1948 is very different than today's inflationary cosmology and multiverse claims so too is the original predicted temperature for the background radiation left over from the cosmic fireball said to create the universe and the origin of the elements. Note this report from July 1948, Universe Creates All Elements in the Periodic Table in 10 Minutes

“Nineteen years after Edwin Hubble’s discovery that the galaxies seem to be running away from one another at fabulously high speeds, the picture presented by the expanding universe theory—which assumes that in its original state all matter was squeezed together in one solid mass of extremely high density and temperature—gives us the right conditions for building up all the known elements in the periodic system. According to calculations, the formation of elements must have started five minutes after the maximum compression of the universe. It was fully accomplished, in all essentials, about 10 minutes later.” —Scientific American, July 1948

Reactions: Catastrophe

Latest posts