Big Bang!

Page 3 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

origin

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>However, if we can identify the unknown particles that we suspect must have existed at the instant of the&nbsp;singularity and the subsequent event of 'expansion',&nbsp;and 10 to the negative billion seconds of the initial "Big Bang", then I guess we're well on our way to at least discovering a small fraction of the meaning of physical&nbsp;existence.<br />Posted by ZenGalacticore</DIV><br /><br />Who suspects that there were particles at the moment of the big bang, I have always heard there was only energy?&nbsp; The basic forces had not even sepatrated until 10^-6 seconds or so.&nbsp; Quarks formed at about 1 second. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

G

Gary_Peck

Everything is created from nothing. That is how everything is created. At one point in time it does not exist. Where were you 300 years go? You did not exist. Where were you 1000 years ago? Same as before you did not exist. It is the same for all objects in the univese. At one time they did not exist. They just like you & me are capable of reproduction. This is the most natural thing ever. When our sun dies it will create thousands of other Sun's, planets, moon's and maybe even life.

O

origin

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Everything is created from nothing.&nbsp;This is the most natural thing ever. When our sun dies it will create thousands of other Sun's, planets, moon's and maybe even life. <br />Posted by Gary_Peck</DIV><br /><br />First: let me ask you what in the hell are you talking about.</p><p>Second: is your first language english?&nbsp; I hope not.&nbsp; What you are saying is not translating well.</p><p>Third: if Everything is created from nothing - why would you say our sun will create thousands of other suns.&nbsp; You just counterdicted your argument!</p><p>Fourth:&nbsp;You whole post is nonsense.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Q

QualicumBC

Just a point on the singularity issue. Surely a singularity could result from an edge-to-edge contact between two branes, one of which was horizontal and the other vertical so that contact would be at a single point. The Big Bang could then have consumed all the material in both branes in a cataclysm that appeared to enter our dimension from the single point of the contact.The branes would have to contain enough material to create our universe. What is so impossible about that?!!

D

DrRocket

QualicumBC":3ahr0n3b said:
Just a point on the singularity issue. Surely a singularity could result from an edge-to-edge contact between two branes, one of which was horizontal and the other vertical so that contact would be at a single point. The Big Bang could then have consumed all the material in both branes in a cataclysm that appeared to enter our dimension from the single point of the contact.The branes would have to contain enough material to create our universe. What is so impossible about that?!!

If you can make your observation precise and meaningful please do so. But remember that the biggest outstanding question in M-theory is "What is M-theory" so a blanket appeal there won't help much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts