Big events in 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alokmohan

Can you tell me which important events took place this year?Spirit is one,cassini is one .Like that add something please.

N

nacnud

Here is some off the top of my head…<br /><br />Europe’s first mission to the moon, smart, finally gets there.<br /><br />Nasa breaks the air speed record twice with the X43 once to mach 7 and later to mach 9.6.<br /><br />Space ship one wins the $10M Xprize and Bigelow anounces the $50M America prize.<br /><br />First Soyuz 2 launch. Sub-orbital launch of an entirely Russian version of the venerable soyuz launch vehicle. It is this version of the soyuz that will eventually be launched from the European launch site in South America.<br />

N

nacnud

Was Bushes space plan for NASA launched in Jan 04, or was it before?

A

alokmohan

Possibly this year.I shall check up Today I saw that news moon rock found i n antartica.This is very interesting.

Y

yurkin

This reminds me I posted a thread about 04 last year. Lets see how it turned out.<br /><br /><b>Mars Express:</b> Arrives at Mars<br />Check<br /><br /><b>Beagle 2:</b> Lands on Mars<br />Well it probably landed in several flaming pieces<br /><br /><b>Mer A:</b> Arrives at Mars<br />Spirit arrived and its still going.<br /><br /><b>Mer B:</b> Arrives at Mars<br />Opportunity arrived and is doing better then expected<br /><br /><b>Deep Impact:</b> Launches to a Comet<br />Delayed but still on<br /><br /><b>Rosetta:</b> Launches to a Comet<br />Check, ArianeV launches are always so exciting<br /><br /><b>Stardust:</b> Arrives at Comet<br />And took some nice pictures while it was there.<br /><br /><b>Smart-1:</b> On the way to Moon<br />And made it to lunar orbit<br /><br /><b>Cassini:</b> Arrives at Saturn<br />What would we have to talk about here if it weren’t for Cassini’s grainy Titan pictures and beautiful Saturn pictures?<br /><br /><b>Genesis:</b> Returns to Earth<br />It returned a little earlier then expected<br /><br /><b>Messenger:</b> Launches to Mercury<br />Check<br /><br /><b>Swift:</b> Launches to study gamma ray bursts<br />Check<br /><br /><b>SIRTF:</b> Starts taking infrared pictures<br />Spitzer starts studying the infra-red universe<br /><br /><b>Astro-F</b> Launches to take infrared pictures<br />Delayed but still on track<br /><br /><b>Gravity Probe B:</b> Launches to study gravity<br />Wow they actually launched it<br /><br /><b>Double Star:</b> Launches to study magnetosphere<br />Check on both launches<br /><br /><b>STS-114:</b> Shuttle Return to Fight<br />Not just yet<br /><br /><b>ISS:</b> Leonardo MPLM assembly<br />Maybe next year<br /><br /><b>Shenzhou VI:</b> 2nd manned flight<br />This was probably always scheduled for 05<br /><br /><b>Soyuz TMA-4:</b> Expedition 9<br />Check<br /><br /><b>Soyuz TMA-5:</b> Expedition 10<br />Thank goodness for those Russians or this would be a slow year for human space flight<br /><br /><b>X-Prize:</b> Will be won<br />Oh yah Russians and Burt Rutan<br /><br /><b>F</b>

O

odysseus145

Arafat dies<br /><br />(btw, beagle 2 landed in December '03) <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

A

alokmohan

Hubble discovers baby galxy a few million years old.Normally galaxies are bilion years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts