Bigelow concept on BBC One

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

craig42

Ok so it was the Satirical show " Have I got news for you" and they were making fun of it. Still that has to be a pretty big mainstream audience, and it was probably in a major paper for them to pick up on it. Any publicity is good publicity. <br /><br /><br />Ooops I kan't speel an dunno wot channel I'm watchin!

C

chriscdc

'Satirical' and BBC1 although there is the BBC2 repeat.<br />Sorry I get unreasonably protective of the bbc.<br /><br />Shame they still think it's a space 'hotel' though. Perhaps they would have taken it more seriously if they knew that bigelow (I'm still waiting for the jokes people!) was putting $500 billion into it. <br />Unfortunately there have been many (less developed) space plans. Throw in the apparent backwards step that space has taken and no wonder the general public is rather cynical.

M

mlorrey

BBC worries that if someone can make a space program work as a private venture, people might get the idea that you can make a television network work as a..... wait, um, yeah...

C

craig42

that's ok.<br /><br />It is a shame that some of these more developed space plans haven't got a documentary.

C

chriscdc

Even horizon did a thing on sub-orbital space flight but it was appalling. It didn't even explain the difference between sub-orbital and orbital re-entry. They also missed Starchaser Inc, which is practically on their doorstep and has actually launched rockets.

C

craig42

I was thinking more like something along the lines of Discovery Science's Extreme Engineering. They could start with currently launched rockets and work their way to other more advanced concepts.

J

j05h

>What's the **temporarily deleted** thing??<br /><br />Yeah, most of his posts are getting it. What's happening, Mods?<br /><br />Josh <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div align="center"><em>We need a first generation of pioneers.</em><br /></div> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.