Question Black Holes - are they really dead Stars?

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
What Is a Black Hole? | NASA

See "How do black holes form?"

Scientists think the smallest black holes formed when the universe began.

Stellar black holes are made when the center of a very big star falls in upon itself, or collapses. When this happens, it causes a supernova. A supernova is an exploding star that blasts part of the star into space.

Scientists think supermassive black holes were made at the same time as the galaxy they are in.

Cat :)

Or is it possibly just another anomaly in space causing some rupture in fabric of space creating immense gravitational pulls.

Could these be just conceptual wormholes connecting our visible space to another part of the space fabric continuum?
The thing about any hypothesis in science is that some means to falsify the claim must exist. I can’t see a way to test these ideas, but suppositions don’t require tests, which may your intent with these, admittedly.

The earliest history for the idea of black holes came out of Russia who referred to them as “frozen stars.“ Thankfully, that didn’t stick. Wheeler coined them “black holes”, which did stick, though it was a bit of a conflict with the French.

Reactions: J@i

J@i

Jul 13, 2022
Visit site
The thing about any hypothesis in science is that some means to falsify the claim must exist. I can’t see a way to test these ideas, but suppositions don’t require tests, which may your intent with these, admittedly.

Yes we must believe in ideas that can be tested, yet I am curious to know if collapsing of star only a possible scenario that create such compact mass leading to a black hole or if there are any other possibilities.

Reactions: Catastrophe

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
Reactions: J@i

Latest posts