Black holes

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mamaliastronomer

Hello dears.I recently singed up on this website.I thank to that member for helping me to enter the argument.I am a teenager and like all of you I like astronomy I should say my first language is not English so excuse my wrongs.I saw many topics and choosed this.I read the last comments about black holes.
I want to say something.someone had asked why doesn’t earth fall on sun.in my opinion it’s reason is not”earth is orbiting the sun too fast and because of this they happen.based on relativity theory of Einstein.every object in the universe makes a curvature which is called curvature of space-time.(according to it’s mass)our sun too,by it’s high mass has a deep curvature and solar planets are in it like our earth.every.every object in it falls on the floor of curvature and orbits the center of gravitional field forever.so planets are orbiting the sun.

O

origin

mamaliastronomer":g7bohb6a said:
Hello dears.I recently singed up on this website.I thank to that member for helping me to enter the argument.I am a teenager and like all of you I like astronomy I should say my first language is not English so excuse my wrongs.I saw many topics and choosed this.I read the last comments about black holes.
I want to say something.someone had asked why doesn’t earth fall on sun.in my opinion it’s reason is not”earth is orbiting the sun too fast and because of this they happen.based on relativity theory of Einstein.every object in the universe makes a curvature which is called curvature of space-time.(according to it’s mass)our sun too,by it’s high mass has a deep curvature and solar planets are in it like our earth.every.every object in it falls on the floor of curvature and orbits the center of gravitional field forever.so planets are orbiting the sun.

welcome to SDC! I can see that english is not your first language, your post is very difficult to understand. Are you using an online translator? If so try another one. The earth doesn't fall into the sun because of it's orbital speed. It follows the particular path through curved space because of it's speed. If you were to slow the orbital velocity of the earth it would move closer to the sun.

M

mamaliastronomer

Hi kids!no i don't use any softwares to write.i try to write better.i suppose earth doesn't fall on sun because of orbitting fast.in an astronomy book i read when we press a mattress we make a curvature on it so if we unloose a taw around the curvature it will start to turn around the center of curvature and eventually it will fall on the center of curvature.this is the event happens for earth to orbit the sun.I want to ask is it true?if it is,every year we and any other planet should approach to the sun and finally go trough it.PLEASE EXPLAIN FOR ME.

S

Shpaget

No it doesn't happen like that.
The gravity of Sun does curve the space around it, but not nearly that much.
A ball that you roll in a mattress would go around the center of the dent, and you can say it simulates the gravity and orbital mechanics, but the reason for the ball to eventually fall in the center lies in the friction between the ball and the mattress. If there was no friction, the ball would spin indefinitely.

You can also simulate gravity and orbit with a piece of string and some small object. Tie a pencil or something to the end of string and spin it rapidly. The tension of the string and the force you feel in your hand can be approximated as gravity between the Sun and the Earth, and the pencil would be Earth itself. The force in the string is relatively large and would normally be sufficient to pull in the pencil, but since the pencil rotates, it creates radial acceleration in direction opposite of the force in the string. Those two forces are equal in amount, but opposite in direction which means that the pencil will always stay at exactly the same distance from your hand. Forward movement of the pencil forces it to go in circles because it can't change the distance from the hand.

The same principle applies in planetary orbits. Gravity of the Sun pulls the Earth toward it, but since the Earth spins Suns gravitational acceleration is countered by radial acceleration of Earth which is identical in amount, but opposite in direction, forcing the Earth to always stay at the same distance from the Sun (Earths orbit is actually slightly elliptical, but it is easier to explain it if you approximate it to a circle, nevertheless the same principals apply).
Unlike with the ball and the mattress, in space there is no friction, so nothing slows down planets in their orbit. If something did constantly slow them down, eventually they would fall in the Sun. Fortunately space is pretty empty so nothing interferes.

I hope this makes it little bit more clear.

D

Daized

What if it is the hot burning ring around the Black Hole and not the Center that is the cause of the Black Hole?

What if the hot massive amount of matter in the ring causes the Black Hole?
Most of the theories I have heard are that some unknown super dense mass with such unimaginable gravitational pull suck everything into it so nothing escapes not even protons of light. I’m not saying it is not so, just giving an alternative thought as no one has yet proven the popular theory to be true.

RING THEORY

Enough matter moving at a speed in the center of a large matter cloud until a critical point is reached and a ring is created. A ring of super heated super dense matter forced into a ring by the fight between gravitation attraction and circumferential force. The pull of the forces creates an open void in the center of the ring. Think of a hurricane. The eye is formed and defined by the eye wall. The eye did not form the eye wall it is a byproduct of forces forming the hurricane. A void caused by the storm.
The black hole is a void caused by a ring of super dense matter spinning very fast. The pull exerted by the center ring creates a gravitational pull on the entire cloud of matter at or very near its center. A galaxy is born. A nearly perfect balance between the circumferential force pulling the matter apart and gravitational attraction of the matter is eventually achieved and the galaxy is somewhat stabilized. The density of the ring and the amount of matter in close proximity to the ring will determine the speed the galaxy spins as it attempts to achieve stabilization. The more dense the center of the galaxy the faster it must spin to maintain stabilization. If it fails to become or remain stabilized a nebula may be formed.
This would mean that at the center of every galaxy a black hole should be found with the exception of very new or dieing galaxies. Galaxies may undergo periods of destabilization followed by restabilization due to many forces exerted on the inner ring.

OR NOT... :idea: :idea:

F

FlatEarth

Daized":2u5e7jxq said:
What if it is the hot burning ring around the Black Hole and not the Center that is the cause of the Black Hole?

What if the hot massive amount of matter in the ring causes the Black Hole?
Most of the theories I have heard are that some unknown super dense mass with such unimaginable gravitational pull suck everything into it so nothing escapes not even protons of light. I’m not saying it is not so, just giving an alternative thought as no one has yet proven the popular theory to be true.

RING THEORY

Enough matter moving at a speed in the center of a large matter cloud until a critical point is reached and a ring is created. A ring of super heated super dense matter forced into a ring by the fight between gravitation attraction and circumferential force. The pull of the forces creates an open void in the center of the ring. Think of a hurricane. The eye is formed and defined by the eye wall. The eye did not form the eye wall it is a byproduct of forces forming the hurricane. A void caused by the storm.
The black hole is a void caused by a ring of super dense matter spinning very fast. The pull exerted by the center ring creates a gravitational pull on the entire cloud of matter at or very near its center. A galaxy is born. A nearly perfect balance between the circumferential force pulling the matter apart and gravitational attraction of the matter is eventually achieved and the galaxy is somewhat stabilized. The density of the ring and the amount of matter in close proximity to the ring will determine the speed the galaxy spins as it attempts to achieve stabilization. The more dense the center of the galaxy the faster it must spin to maintain stabilization. If it fails to become or remain stabilized a nebula may be formed.
This would mean that at the center of every galaxy a black hole should be found with the exception of very new or dieing galaxies. Galaxies may undergo periods of destabilization followed by restabilization due to many forces exerted on the inner ring.

OR NOT... :idea: :idea:
This sounds similar to the Hollow Earth Theory (not sure if caps are appropriate...), except that the rotational speeds are much higher. The type of formation you describe could never occur because the rotational speeds could never overcome the powerful gravity well created by all that mass. Collapsed neutron stars spin at a high rate because their diameters were once much greater, and the kinetic energy of the spin remains the same after they collapsed, resulting in a faster spin. The rate of spin required to do what you describe is not allowed by the laws of physics.

I hope this helps.

Flat

F

FlatEarth

I know that dark matter is a placeholder for missing mass in the universe to explain the movement of galaxies, among other things. It is possible that much of the matter created in the Big Bang could now be in the form of black holes, but I wonder why scientists do not attribute missing matter to them.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts