Board Wonky since Friday's Outage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MeteorWayne

Since SDC came back up Friday afternoon, I have been experiencing slow loads, bad formatting, and timeouts, etc.

IE8 (really IE7 compatibility mode), XP Pro, Comcast.

I'll also move the other post about it to this thread.

MW

Z

ZenGalacticore

I've been having more problems than that, and only with SDC. My browser works fine for all other websites. Half the time I can't log-in for the last 2 or 3 weeks. Sometimes, when I can log-in, I can post or reply a couple of times and then the site freezes up or starts acting wacky again.

And yeah, the format changes its mind and shows in dark, or blue outlines, or magnified 5x real large, then goes back to normal when I go to another forum or thread. Sometimes I can't do anything at all because the site freezes up, so I exit SDC and go to another random website just to make sure it's not a problem on my end. It's not, at least, I don't think it is.

M

MeteorWayne

Pleeeeeease folks, if you don't provide at least this basic info, you are whining without helping resolve the problem.

What browser are you using????

When did the problem start? Is it all the time, or intemittent? What specific problem is it?

If you give that, at least the folks trying to solve the problem have something to work with.

Just saying "things are messed up" does nothing to help solve it. Of course you are free to do so, but it will not help fix it.

BTW, since Sunday afternoon, ~ 3 PM EDT, things have gotten better from my connection.

Not as good as it was before Friday, but more in the 10-15 second load range rather than minutes. As I have already described my system, I won't repeat it.

I'd suggest that at the verry least, those who are experiencing problems at least state what browser they are using. Believe it or not, they don't all act the same :)

M

MeteorWayne

ZenGalacticore":17dj0pgz said:
I've been having more problems than that, and only with SDC. My browser works fine for all other websites. Half the time I can't log-in for the last 2 or 3 weeks. Sometimes, when I can log-in, I can post or reply a couple of times and then the site freezes up or starts acting wacky again.

And yeah, the format changes its mind and shows in dark, or blue outlines, or magnified 5x real large, then goes back to normal when I go to another forum or thread. Sometimes I can't do anything at all because the site freezes up, so I exit SDC and go to another random website just to make sure it's not a problem on my end. It's not, at least, I don't think it is.

WHAT BROWSER??????? :lol:

Z

ZenGalacticore

I'm using IE8. But the site was wacky when I used Yahoo as well. It was intermittent at first, a couple of weeks ago, then it was all downhill from there UNTIL about 6:30 this evening (Sunday). Now it's been working fine for over two hours.

Absolutely no problems since 6:30. No delays, no format screw-ups, no freezing, no waiting, it's functioning as it should. I hope it keeps. :|

D

doublehelix

Hi guys,

Apologies for the wonkyness on the sites. I know there is database work going on, but that is the extent of my knowledge. The people working on things know the experience can suck but they are doing the best they can. I apologize for not being more open with you guys, but there is just so much I know at this point. What else I do know is that the expected result of all this work will be good.

Keep the feedback coming - I'll make a point of checking this forum regularly and if there is any news I can pass on, I will.

Thanks for your patience! :mrgreen:
-dh

Z

ZenGalacticore

It's working fine again today. So far, no problemos! :)

M

MeteorWayne

Yeah, no problems here either. In fact, there was a time earlier in the day where the forum downloads were under 2 seconds...which I have never seen. Seems to be back to a more normal 6-10 seconds now.

Z

ZenGalacticore

I second that sentiment and three cheers for the crew!!

Hooray! x3 :lol:

Z

ZenGalacticore

I second that sentiment and three cheers for the crew!

Hooray! x3.

D

doublehelix

Coolio - glad you guys are not encountering the same problems you were over the weekend. Apologies again for that frustration and inconvenience as a result. Of course, when/if you run into problems, please let me know!

-dh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts