Boeing Criminal goes down

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steve82

Darlene Druyun, the former Air Force Official who wangled a job with Boeing while representing the US in negotiations for the air refueling tanker contract, was sentenced today. After flunking lie detector tests that were part of her plea agreement, she admitted giving Boeing an illegal advantage in the awarding of government contracts.<br />This is an important verdict for the industry overall, and contractors need to take note. This administration will not tolerate these shenanigans.<br /><br />http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/041001/boeing_tankers_6.html <br /><br />"After failing government polygraph tests, however, she conceded that her conflict produced substantive benefits for Boeing in that she altered journals provided to the government to cover up her story."<br /><br />"he was ordered to spend nine months in prison and seven months in a halfway house. Prosecutors had sought 16 months in prison."<br /><br />"The $23 billion tanker deal is currently under review by the Defense Department."<br /><br /><br /><br />"In court documents, Druyun admitted providing assistance to Boeing on other contracts as well. Among them were a $4 billion contract to provide upgrades to the Air Force's C-130 fleet. She admitted that Boeing gained an advantage because they were helping her daughter's boyfriend get a job, and that Boeing might not have received the contract on a level playing field."<br /><br />"She also said she helped Boeing obtain an inflated deal on a $100 million NATO AWACS contract in 2002, at the same time she successfully intervened to keep Boeing from firing her daughter, who worked for the company, for poor performance."<br /><br />"Druyun offered a tearful apology "to my nation, to my Air Force" at Friday's sentencing."<br /><br />Wonder who else at Boeing she turned in?<br /><br />

H

halman

steve82,<br /><br />My first thought when I read the title of this thread was, "She does? Is she any good?" <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> The secret to peace of mind is a short attention span. </div>

B

bobvanx

<font color="yellow">This administration will not tolerate these shenanigans.</font><br /><br />Unless you and your company are part of the Bush circle. Say it with me: "Halliburton."

S

steve82

If Halliburton did anything illegal, you can be sure they will pay. They are probably right now about the most investigated company in the country. Federal prosecutors in this admin seem to be pretty immune to political pressure.<br />Regardless of what your political orientation is, I don't think you can find the Rumsfeld DOD in the least bit shy about going after contractors that are underperforming and dropping contracts like Commanche and Crusader that have all kinds of political support but are not needed any more. In the case of boeing, the jig is up. The tanker deal has been revealed for the fraud that it is, and indictments have been made in the Delta 4 EELV case.

C

CalliArcale

Yep. Boeing's been in a lot of trouble over this, and I'm sure it's hurting them when they compete for other government contracts now.<br /><br />Actually, does anybody know if they're even eligible for new defense contracts yet? I know they were temporarily barred pending corrective action following their <i>several</i> high-profile and unrelated ethical screwups. (The "unrelated" part is significant, because it means the problem wasn't confined to a particular business unit, but was widespread within at least the defense contracting portion of the company.) <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#666699"><em>"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly . . . timey wimey . . . stuff."</em>  -- The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts