Boom! Scientists spot the biggest known explosion in the universe

As science fiction tends to portend the worst case scenarios of probable non-fiction events, it may help us to consider the make up and mechanism of a black hole. Where the event horizon of a black hole is division between ordinary matter and dark matter, there is an abundance of anti-matter generated upon this division. Recent observations indicate black holes and neutron stars produce vast amounts of positron-electron plasma via the jets. Subsequently, as promoted in the science fiction novel, 'Shadow-Forge Revelations', a near 'Selfish Biocosmic' occurrence is caused by creating a path through the event horizon, allowing the immixture of anti-matter with dark matter.

Note: 'Selfish Biocosm' is a belief system wherein the anthropic qualities that our universe exhibits can be explained as incidental consequences of an enormously lengthy cosmic replication cycle in which our cosmos duplicates itself and propagates a new universe.

Note: Antimatter-matter annihilations have the potential to release a huge amount of energy. A gram of antimatter could produce an explosion the size of a nuclear bomb. However, there is no such research or estimation on the potential amount of energy possible with large amounts of pure dark matter.

According to theory of the big bang, matter and antimatter should have been created in equal amounts. And when matter and antimatter meet, they should annihilate each other, leaving nothing but energy behind. So in principle, none of us should exist. And while a cosmological model based on a gravitational plasma of matter and antimatter has been discussed, the anti-gravitational interaction of matter and antimatter should lead to the segregation and expansion of a more plasma based universe. However, this theory does not take into account the properties of dark matter and supermassive black holes. Still, while the immixture of anti-matter with dark matter and/or ordinary matter could destabilize a black hole, it is expected that a black hole should recover from such an event due to the force of its gravitational well.

In this novel make over of such a hypothetical possibility, the ramifications proposed are that this event would overwrite the current universe in favor of its new universe. #shadowforgerevelations

Feb 28, 2020
Visit site
I just did the briefest of calculations and I get the following: The sun apparently puts out 3.8x 10^26 joules of energy per second. Multiply by 3600 x 24 x 365 and you get 1.2 x 10^34 I think. Still way to small to be comparable, but that's the sun's output in a year. Let's say there are 200 billion stars in the Milky Way. So we're at 2.4 x 10^43. Still way too small to be comparable. Let's go with 100,000 galaxies, and instead of 1 year let's go with 1 million years. Now we are at 2.4 x 10^54. Now we are comparable. So this explosion they believe had the same energy output as 1 million years of output of 100,000 galaxies. Gotta say, that stretches the limits of believability.

Reactions: rod
I just did the briefest of calculations and I get the following: The sun apparently puts out 3.8x 10^26 joules of energy per second. Multiply by 3600 x 24 x 365 and you get 1.2 x 10^34 I think. Still way to small to be comparable, but that's the sun's output in a year. Let's say there are 200 billion stars in the Milky Way. So we're at 2.4 x 10^43. Still way too small to be comparable. Let's go with 100,000 galaxies, and instead of 1 year let's go with 1 million years. Now we are at 2.4 x 10^54. Now we are comparable. So this explosion they believe had the same energy output as 1 million years of output of 100,000 galaxies. Gotta say, that stretches the limits of believability.

FYI, I see different reports on this explosion out now. "We've seen outbursts in the centres of galaxies before but this one is really, really massive," she said. "And we don't know why it's so big. "But it happened very slowly—like an explosion in slow motion that took place over hundreds of millions of years." The explosion occurred in the Ophiuchus galaxy cluster, about 390 million light-years from Earth. It was so powerful it punched a cavity in the cluster plasma—the super-hot gas surrounding the black hole.", Astronomers detect biggest explosion in the history of the Universe

This report indicates the *boom*, took place over *hundreds of millions of years*, *very slowly*. Just how long this explosion lasted and how much energy released initially, and over its lifetime, needs more work I feel and better, clearer reporting. The space.com report had the link to the arXiv.org preprint, and the abstract stated "It thus appears to be a very aged fossil of the most powerful AGN outburst seen in any galaxy cluster (pV ∼ 5×10^61 erg for this cavity). There is no apparent diametrically opposite counterpart either in X-ray or in the radio. It may have aged out of the observable radio band because of the cluster asymmetry. At present, the central AGN exhibits only a weak radio source, so it should have been much more powerful in the past to have produced such a bubble.", https://arxiv.org/pdf/2002.01291.pdf

When I read astronomy articles like this, I ponder how the BB put the Earth here where we do not explode too :)

Feb 28, 2020
Visit site
All numbers of the Universe seems to be kind of insane........... with the exception of the references to the fine adjustment of the universe, in wich we are refered.

Feb 8, 2020
Visit site
That is an insanely big explosion 10^54 joules is an insane number too haha :)
The active galactic nucleus AGN is in fact a magnetic hub at the centre of all galaxies and called a super massive black hole. It can be destabilized which will result in an emission of energy at right angles to the spin of the stars rotating the hub caused by the magnoflux spin effect. Normally, if a solar system of matter and antimatter were to fall into the hub it would be torn apart and the energy beamed out at right angles in both up and down directions but if a star were to loose its planetary matter system then only the antimatter star will fall into the magnetic hub thus the energy beam would be mostly in a single direction as in this Ophiuchus case.
See magnoflux3d universe images https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf...BAgIEBk&biw=1366&bih=616#imgrc=UXFgHKgVdNTsrM

Mar 2, 2020
Visit site
Typical supernova releases ~10^44 joules, so it is about 5*10^10 supernovas. If the total time of "explosion" would be e.q. 200 million years it would be exactly 250 supernova kind of explosions / year. Kinda massive black hole eating a lot of stuff :)

Latest posts