Brain behind the Brane!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ranjha

<p>What is Outside the brane?&nbsp;</p><p>It was a smooth and static world according to general relativity until Uncertainty principle came and ruined everything.&nbsp; Well maybe not everything.&nbsp; Imagine instead of the 4 observable dimensions and the other 7 curled up inside were all equal in size at some point in time.&nbsp; Everything was smooth and static until Mr.Planck kicked and caused quantum fluctations and now everything was not so smooth and static.&nbsp; One by one all 7 dimensions curled up.&nbsp; It was like somebody pulled a loose string from an Armani sweater.&nbsp; With "time" even the other 4 dimensions we have will eventually curl up with supergravity.&nbsp; What will happen when all 11 dimensions are curled up?&nbsp; It was like somebody took a perfectly smooth string and turned it into a twisted rope.&nbsp; </p><p>Now we go back to the question what is outside the brane?&nbsp; What if it was neither a bubble with inside or outside nor Randall-Sundrum's saddle.&nbsp; What if it was a brane that twisted on itself and turned into a black hole?&nbsp; At this point we will discard the minute amount of microwave radiation being emitted by black hole from quantum fluctuation because gamma radiation is probably being absorbed by the body mass that ends up falling into the blackhole eventually anyway.&nbsp; What if some invisible hand (gravity) pulled on the string so hard that the Armani sweater was now just&nbsp; smaller "strings" viberating producing energy?&nbsp; This energy being engulfed by the black hole, black hole so massive that it&nbsp;contained all 11 dimensions in it.&nbsp; So much gravity and mass that it&nbsp;tears a hole in the brane.&nbsp; To an "observer" standing on a parallel brane this might seem like an enourmous amount of energy coming from a single point, point of singularity!&nbsp; Now the bystander witnessing this event can't come up with anything else so he calls it, Big Bang!</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font size="2" color="#cc33cc"><font color="#000000">"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."<br /></font><span style="font-size:11px;color:#339999">By: Homer Simpson<br /></span></font></p> </div>

B

BoJangles

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>What is Outside the brane?&nbsp;It was a smooth and static world according to general relativity until Uncertainty principle came and ruined everything.&nbsp; Well maybe not everything.&nbsp; Imagine instead of the 4 observable dimensions and the other 7 curled up inside were all equal in size at some point in time.&nbsp; Everything was smooth and static until Mr.Planck kicked and caused quantum fluctations and now everything was not so smooth and static.&nbsp; One by one all 7 dimensions curled up.&nbsp; It was like somebody pulled a loose string from an Armani sweater.&nbsp; With "time" even the other 4 dimensions we have will eventually curl up with supergravity.&nbsp; What will happen when all 11 dimensions are curled up?&nbsp; It was like somebody took a perfectly smooth string and turned it into a twisted rope.&nbsp; Now we go back to the question what is outside the brane?&nbsp; What if it was neither a bubble with inside or outside nor Randall-Sundrum's saddle.&nbsp; What if it was a brane that twisted on itself and turned into a black hole?&nbsp; At this point we will discard the minute amount of microwave radiation being emitted by black hole from quantum fluctuation because gamma radiation is probably being absorbed by the body mass that ends up falling into the blackhole eventually anyway.&nbsp; What if some invisible hand (gravity) pulled on the string so hard that the Armani sweater was now just&nbsp; smaller "strings" viberating producing energy?&nbsp; This energy being engulfed by the black hole, black hole so massive that it&nbsp;contained all 11 dimensions in it.&nbsp; So much gravity and mass that it&nbsp;tears a hole in the brane.&nbsp; To an "observer" standing on a parallel brane this might seem like an enourmous amount of energy coming from a single point, point of singularity!&nbsp; Now the bystander witnessing this event can't come up with anything else so he calls it, Big Bang! <br />Posted by Ran</DIV><br /><br />Sounds like what hawking was hocking with his latest theory, personally string theory doesn't really sit well with me, but then again, not a lot does :)</p><p>Ill give you 10 for creativity.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p align="center"><font color="#808080">-------------- </font></p><p align="center"><font size="1" color="#808080"><em>Let me start out with the standard disclaimer ... I am an idiot, I know almost nothing, I haven’t taken calculus, I don’t work for NASA, and I am one-quarter Bulgarian sheep dog.  With that out of the way, I have several stupid questions... </em></font></p><p align="center"><font size="1" color="#808080"><em>*** A few months blogging can save a few hours in research ***</em></font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts