[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNTsUyAJJtQ[/youtube]

S

Shpaget

Is that really so uncommon/difficult?
(never played any sport with eggy bal)

go brandon... :?

D

docm

And a great pass deserves a great run - this one from a high school game....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Modz5_ylk-w[/youtube]

G

grokme

Shpaget":3vuwuew9 said:

I would say this catch was about a 9 out of 10.
It is a bit uncommon. You might see a few of those in a season. For one, the ball is thrown extremely hard by the quarterbacks. They throw it so hard to keep the defenders from intercepting it. To reach up and stop it with one hand and still bring it down is pretty nice.

Of course, the catches are more amazing when they do something like jumping up on the sideline and grabbing it while keeping both feet in bounds while some cornerback is trying to push them out.

P

phaze

Shpaget":24y3jdxw said:

It's a great catch - but seems to happen a lot more often nowadays than in the past. For example - a couple of weeks ago in the Patriots/Colts game, I don't think Reggie Wayne made a catch that wasn't one-handed.

Bigger receivers and bigger hands has to be a part of it... but I bet there is some new glove technology at work too!

G

grokme

I don't know. I think the game situation makes a catch great. For example the Immaculate Reception was a simple case of the ball bouncing around and being caught and run for a touchdown. The catch wasn't technically difficult, but it's still one of the greatest catches ever.

"The Catch" by San Francisco's Dwight Clark in the NFC Championship is like a dagger in my heart. It was a bit more difficult, and it was made in a fantastic game situation. I guess what makes it the most amazing is that some say Joe Montana was just throwing it away.

Then there's my personal favorite, the "Hail Mary" by Dallas against Minnesota in the wild card game. The fact that Pearson managed to catch it and not get an interference call makes it even more special.

So I would say a great catch depends a lot on the game situation and the desperation of the players who are making it. While the catch by Marshall was a nice catch I don't think it will be remembered long.

S

SPACEINVADOR

If you are good enough to make millions of dollars a year for catching a ball, you better be good enough to make one handed grabbers. The gloves certainly add to making one handed grabs more easy. ;)

G

grokme

SPACEINVADOR":18gpp9i1 said:
If you are good enough to make millions of dollars a year for catching a ball, you better be good enough to make one handed grabbers. The gloves certainly add to making one handed grabs more easy. ;)

I agree that if you're making that kind of money you better make these kinds of plays, which is why I despise Roy Williams right now. He's making all kinds of Benjamins right now and hardly catching anything Romo throws his way. Sorry, personal rant.

D

dragon04

I agree that if you're making that kind of money you better make these kinds of plays, which is why I despise Roy Williams right now. He's making all kinds of Benjamins right now and hardly catching anything Romo throws his way. Sorry, personal rant.

That's that god damned Jerry Jones for you. When I was a kid, the Cowboys were the best of the best and the elite NFL franchise. I hope Tex Schramm is slow roasting in Hell.

G

grokme

dragon04":ahqnuyxn said:

That's that god damned Jerry Jones for you. When I was a kid, the Cowboys were the best of the best and the elite NFL franchise. I hope Tex Schramm is slow roasting in Hell.

Your post confused me. Usually people hate Jerry, but like Tex Schramm. Tex Schramm was fired by Jerry. Now, if you're talking about the guy who sold the Cowboys to Jerry that would be Bum Bright, and we all disliked him because he was one of those money making owners who wouldn't put money back into the team. He drove the team into the ground prior to Jerry taking over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts