Brightest gamma-ray burst ever seen a 1-in-10,000-years event that's 'absolutely monstrous,' scientists say

The burst delivered 2.912 x 10^-2 erg per square centimeter over its 325 second lifetime.
For a "one square meter human" this would amount to 29,000 ergs or about 0.03 joule.
"Strike anywhere" wooden match = 1000 joule.
Super powers associated with this energy level:
- Cutting celery without leaving them connected by a string.
- Able to sort laundry.
- Remembers to bring list to grocery store.

Mar 28, 2023
Visit site
My God!! Don't you realise, to cut celery like that would be a more outstanding superpower than the ability to freeze dry a pile of blueberries with your breath or peel a mango in one continuous cut of the knife. Not to mention juggle soup.
Bring on the next burst!

Reactions: billslugg
May 3, 2020
Visit site
"The BOAT"' was about 70 times brighter than any other gamma-ray burst that scientists have observed, a new study reports.

Brightest gamma-ray burst ever seen a 1-in-10,000-years event that's 'absolutely monstrous,' scientists say : Read more
I think this shows how wrong theory on GRB is. They have failed predictions on what grb are ( and shorter versions of GRB calledFRB ) since day 1. Don’t forget the gun toting pentagon “experts” thought they were Soviet bombs.!!
At about the same time in 1990 I predicted that these grb events were optical effects caused by very distant blackbody sources of radiation (stars ) in a non BBT universe being redshifted or blueshifted rapidly as we watched.
I did simple simulations showing how a redshifting stellar spectra could duplicate grb lightcurves with longer afterglows in longer wavelengths. And predicted delayed peaks in longer wavelengths. So far every single new observation has confirmed this model. Right through to Swift. And ruled out the ever increasingly bizarre explosion progenitor models put out every time the establishment theorists latest “explosion” predictions failed.

Latest posts