Burt Rutan steps down from Scaled

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PistolPete

<p><font size="1">I haven't really been paying that much attention (been busy lately), but this one caught me by surprise:</font></p><p><font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="3" color="#1b4872"><strong>Burt Rutan, Designer Of SpaceShipOne, Steps Down as Scaled President </strong><br /><font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1" color="#333333"><strong>By The Associated Press</strong><br /><br /></font></font><font face="arial,helvetica" size="1" color="#330066">posted: 05 June 2008<br />12:25 pm ET</font><br /> <a name="beginstory"></a> <font face="arial" size="2"> <font face="arial"> <div class="Section1"> <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:115%;font-family:'Arial','sans-serif'">MOJAVE, Calif. (AP) &mdash; Burt Rutan, inventor of the first privately financed manned rocket to reach space, stepped down as president of Scaled Composites LLC, the company announced Wednesday.</span></p> <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:115%;font-family:'Arial','sans-serif'">Rutan gave up his day-to-day responsibilities at Scaled, which he founded in 1982. Scaled Vice President Douglas B. Shane was promoted to president, while Rutan will remain at the company as chief technology officer and chairman emeritus.</span></p> <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:115%;font-family:'Arial','sans-serif'">"I suggested this change to our organizational structure because I want to focus on developing our talented, innovative team," Rutan said in a statement.</span></p> <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:115%;font-family:'Arial','sans-serif'">Rutan has been recovering from open-heart surgery in February to fix a disorder known as constrictive pericarditis, in which the sac covering the heart is inflamed.</span></p> <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:115%;font-family:'Arial','sans-serif'">"I am successfully recovering from about eight months of significant heart health challenges, and with this move look forward to many more years of fun here at Scaled," he said.</span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><font size="1">Wow!&nbsp; So how do you think this is going to affect Scaled?</font> </p></div></font></font></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><em>So, again we are defeated. This victory belongs to the farmers, not us.</em></p><p><strong>-Kambei Shimada from the movie Seven Samurai</strong></p> </div>

Q

qso1

<p>Sounds like he'll remain involved so probably not that big an impact on Scaled. Least I hope not.&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

D

docm

<font size="3">His health took a big hit due to his heart troubles, so Scaled has been working largely without him for a long time.</font>&nbsp; <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

A

acidrain

<p><font><font><font face="arial" size="2"><font face="arial"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:115%;font-family:'Arial','sans-serif'">"I suggested this change to our organizational structure because I want to focus on developing our talented, innovative team," Rutan said in a statement"</span></font></font></font></font></p><p>I think this was a smart move, it shows real leadership of a person that wants to see the success of his company while ensuring the development and talent the innovation which his area to focus on what is important while leaving the other stuff to those that know it better and how to make function better.</p><p>I wish him a quick recovery! </p>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts