Can a person hear a meteor?

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MeteorWayne

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Along the same lines of"I suppose one might hear a sonic boom or a series of such explosions if one were close enough to the event,"has anyone seen this article:&nbsp; http://www.globaltv.com/globaltv/national/story.html?id=978054 where one witness describes hearing a 'loud boom'..?&nbsp; The accompanying video is pretty amazing.This link is to another video caught by a police cruiser:&nbsp; http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap081125.htmlVery cool!&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; <br />Posted by eosophobiac</DIV><br /><br />A&nbsp;very good report for the mainstream media, but hearing the boom before the light, that's definately impossible ;) <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

D

DrRocket

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>A&nbsp;very good report for the mainstream media, but hearing the boom before the light, that's definately impossible ;) <br />Posted by MeteorWayne</DIV></p><p>Maybe, with a little chemical help .....<br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Maybe, with a little chemical help ..... <br />Posted by DrRocket</DIV><br /><br />Oh, THAT kind of bottle rocket... <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts