Question Can someone tell me what this is?

Aug 28, 2020
Visit site
Photo Link

Some years ago I was driving and noticed this bright red spot in the sky. I apologize that the photo isn't clearer, and some of the marks you'll see in the image are just from debris on the windshield. I'd post the photo in the thread if I knew how (the insert photo tool was not working properly, so I posted it.)

What you're looking at is the bright red/yellow spot in the daytime sky that I took on the highway one day while in traffic. It's directly in the middle of the photo amongst all the other marks on my windshield. It was taken in the warm weather months of roughly 2009-2011 (somewhere in there). Is it possible that this is a planet, or am I looking at something else here? I know it's easy to say that it's a UFO, but it was completely stationary. It was taken on Rt. 24 south in Brockton, MA.

Any feedback that I can get would be great. This is something that I've been curious about for a long time, and only now am I looking into it.

Last edited:

Wolfshadw

Of course it's a UFO. That doesn't mean it's aliens. Just means you don't know what it is and it appears to be flying.

To my knowledge, the only planet you can see during daylight (and only on rare occasions) is Venus.

If you're certain that it wasn't more windshield debris, then it could be anything. Could have been an aircraft flying directly towards you or directly away from you so it only appeared to be stationary. Could have been just a very slow, moving object (like a blimp). Since the picture isn't clean, there's really no way of identifying it.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: tpm985
Aug 28, 2020
Visit site
Of course it's a UFO. That doesn't mean it's aliens. Just means you don't know what it is and it appears to be flying.

To my knowledge, the only planet you can see during daylight (and only on rare occasions) is Venus.

If you're certain that it wasn't more windshield debris, then it could be anything. Could have been an aircraft flying directly towards you or directly away from you so it only appeared to be stationary. Could have been just a very slow, moving object (like a blimp). Since the picture isn't clean, there's really no way of identifying it.

-Wolf sends

The reason I didn't classify it as a UFO, is because it was stationary for about 15 minutes, and for that reason, I wasn't sure if it was actually flying (maybe a planet or something, I thought maybe Mercury).

It definitely is not debris on the windshield, I know that for a fact. Everything except for what's circled is probably just debris from what I remember, because none of that stuck in my memory. But what did stick in my memory was that red/yellow/orange bright spot that was stationary and not moving and remained that way for about as long as I could be in a position to see it.

What I can say is that what you're seeing is what I could see looking from several different angles from within the car. It wasn't getting bigger, it wasn't getting smaller, it wasn't moving left, or right. I don't see how it could be a blimp since it's a glowing object in the daytime sky, but I'm no expert either, so I won't rule anything out.

Mar 27, 2020
Visit site
Photo Link

Some years ago I was driving and noticed this bright red spot in the sky. I apologize that the photo isn't clearer, and some of the marks you'll see in the image are just from debris on the windshield. I'd post the photo in the thread if I knew how (the insert photo tool was not working properly, so I posted it.)

What you're looking at is the bright red/yellow spot in the daytime sky that I took on the highway one day while in traffic. It's directly in the middle of the photo amongst all the other marks on my windshield. It was taken in the warm weather months of roughly 2009-2011 (somewhere in there). Is it possible that this is a planet, or am I looking at something else here? I know it's easy to say that it's a UFO, but it was completely stationary. It was taken on Rt. 24 south in Brockton, MA.

Any feedback that I can get would be great. This is something that I've been curious about for a long time, and only now am I looking into it.
The image just isn't robust enough for me to make an educated guess as to what it is. Good luck with this.

Latest posts