Catching a ride on a SRB??

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

georgeniebling

Where on the (left) SRB was that camera mounted?<br /><br />At what alt are they jettisoned? And to what altitude do they finally reach?<br /><br />That was an amazing video ... the SRB sounded nearly *alive* (crank the volume up) as it turned and twisted and fell ....<br /><br />

M

mattrog

good plan - where do i sign up !!!! - UK relaese at the same time would be great as well .... !!!!

S

seaborn

I caught the show in mid-stream and had no idea what is was at first. Then it dawned on me. It had me worried for a moment though....lol

A

askold

"Do the math for max altitude."<br /><br />You'd have to know the angle at which the spacecraft is moving to do the math. Just knowing the speed (scalar) is not enough - you need the velocity, which is a vector.<br /><br />It's not vertical at separation.

G

georgeniebling

and actually SG ... you more than answered my question and I want to thank you for that ... you're a true resource for us and we all too often forget to say thank you ....<br /><br />

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts