CHRISTOPHER REEVE: My Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mattblack

CHRISTOPHER REEVE – My Hero<br />By Matthew D. "Black"<br /><br />In a world shrouded by villains, few heroes could lift the veil and stand so tall, so much larger than life as to be unforgettable. Such a person was Christopher Reeve.<br /><br />When I was very young, Chris literally flew into my life as the very personification of my favourite super hero. He was at first just an actor, only a mere mortal, playing a character with God-like qualities. But although Chris became famous for merely playing a Superman, in the aftermath of his tragic accident, he metamorphosed into a being whose very determination and humanity transcended the fictional. Christopher Reeve BECAME a Superman.<br /><br />His smile, bright blue eyes and almost impossibly handsome face remained intact for the entire world to see as he battled his condition, not just for himself, but for all mankind.<br /><br />Chris was determined to one day walk again, for all the reasons in the world that one could imagine, but to me, for the best ones of all: because he wanted too, because he believed he COULD. He would never let anyone tell him that it wasn’t possible. THAT is why Christopher Reeve was a Superhero. He believed that all big obstacles could be overcome. <br /><br />When I heard that he had died, for the first time in my life, I shed tears for a celebrity I had never met. Such was Chris’s spirit, such was his intellect and determination, that I couldn’t help but feel sorrow for his passing. Christopher Reeve was beautiful, both in body and in spirit. His painful journey of the last nine years forged a human being to truly look up to.<br /><br />In the years to come, when we watch his fine acting performances again, read his inspiring words, and heed his call to throw off the shackles of paralysis, we will remember the real-life Superhero that had moved amongst us for 52 short years.<br /><br />Goodbye, Christopher. We love you and we will NEVER forget you. Even when you could not walk, you made us believe tha <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p>One Percent of Federal Funding For Space: America <strong><em><u>CAN</u></em></strong> Afford it!!  LEO is a <strong><em>Prison</em></strong> -- It's time for a <em><strong>JAILBREAK</strong></em>!!</p> </div>

C

claywoman

This was beautiful. the one thing we can all do to honor his memory is to make sure that congress funds stem cell research to help the Christopher Reeves or the John Q. Public's out there that need our help. this was his mission and to let it die is to say his life was meaningless because he's not here to complete this.<br /><br />There are so many more out there that can benefit from his heroic stance and his determination and if we let his project die, he will die all over again....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts