Communication with Voyager 1

Jun 14, 2021
Visit site
Voyager – 1, is about 14 Billion miles from the Earth. It will also go further in the coming days. So, it will become a difficult task to make a contact or give some instruction to the probe. At current distance, it takes nearly 20hrs. to communicate with Voyager – 1, and it is quite clear that, this duration will increase day by day.
If the strength of the signal increased, then this problem may be solved. In that case, the duration of time may be decreased.
For this, a satellite can be sent to the space. This satellite received the instruction (signal) from Earth and sends it to the Voyager – 1.

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
SOURAV, I don't understand what you mean by:
"If the strength of the signal increased, then this problem may be solved."

Increasing the strength of the signal won't make it go any faster.

If you shout louder, it will carry further, but it won't travel any faster.
Light is not the same. It will travel much further than sound, because sound needs air (gas) to propagate, but light travels through a vacuum. The air molecules sap energy from sound waves, so it rapidly runs out of energy.

Making light brighter does not make it travel any faster.

Cat :)

Reactions: SOURAV
Mar 5, 2021
Visit site
The only way this would, work since the only probe we have is currently at Jupiter, then only to relay or to extend) repeat the same signals at the same speed reduce slightly the speed,but then to confirm the interception of same with Voyager

Jun 14, 2021
Visit site
SOURAV, I don't understand what you mean by:
"If the strength of the signal increased, then this problem may be solved."

Increasing the strength of the signal won't make it go any faster.

If you shout louder, it will carry further, but it won't travel any faster.
Light is not the same. It will travel much further than sound, because sound needs air (gas) to propagate, but light travels through a vacuum. The air molecules sap energy from sound waves, so it rapidly runs out of energy.

Making light brighter does not make it travel any faster.

Cat :)
Ok.. I got the idea..!!

Reactions: Catastrophe