Cool Shuttle Launch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jim48

Well, for something different out here, just got inside from watching the space shuttle launch. We're quite a ways south of Cape Canaveral here in Palm Beach County, but just a mile from the beach and that thing always lights up the night sky! Heads out over the ocean. What a shot! The neighbors were out, some on their roofs. I'm told this is the last night launch of the shuttle program. I dated myself when I told them about the December, 1972 Apollo 17 night launch. Well, the shuttle has served long and durably, NASA administrators should have been sent to jail for allowing the Challenger and Columbia disasters, now let's hope they do a better job with the next manned project. Back to the moon!!! :D

J

jimglenn

We already went there. It's still green cheese. What is the point?

It's only worth it to take all the nuclear waste there. And unemployed people! :lol:

They said there was a bat on the wing, but they would launch anyway. Why did you let go?

:D

B

bobw

Check out the Missions and Launches forum. Been talking about the launch for 4 1/2 months over there.

J

jim48

jimglenn":s7kt9ldx said:
We already went there. It's still green cheese. What is the point?

It's only worth it to take all the nuclear waste there. And unemployed people! :lol:

They said there was a bat on the wing, but they would launch anyway. Why did you let go?

:D
I let go because I suddenly remembered how badly you would miss me! :D

R

R1

Is there any way the Hubble could take pictures of the rovers, the U.S. flag, etc.?
...Or even some high-power digital camera-scope from the ISS ?
...If none of the above, what about India's moon mapper, would it be able to do so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts