Corona Satellite Program

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hasty_d

Folks,

I am researching Corona for my Master's program. Need help finding technical information for the satellite, payload, launcher, etc. Could someone direct me to some online resources. I have been to the NASA and NRO websites.

Thank you,
Hasty_d
Colorado Springs

E

EarthlingX

If you just run 'Corona satellite' query on Google you get a lot of stuff like :

Wiki : Corona (satellite)
The Corona program was a series of American strategic reconnaissance satellites produced and operated by the Central Intelligence Agency Directorate of Science & Technology with substantial assistance from the U.S. Air Force. The Corona satellites used for photographic surveillance of the Soviet Union (USSR), the People's Republic of China, and other areas beginning in June 1959 and ending in May 1972. The name of this program is sometimes seen as "CORONA", but its actual name "Corona" was a codeword, not an acronym for anything.[1]

http://www.fas.org : CORONA Summary
CORONA is the name for the first operational space photo reconnaissance satellite. President Dwight David Eisenhower approved the project in Febuary 1958. The project was conceived to take pictures in space of the Soviet Bloc countries and de-orbit the photographic film for processing and exploitation.
4recsys.jpg

and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS