Cosmology and being fearful

May 31, 2023
Visit site
Does having an understanding of Cosmology and the Universe make you fear life and what could happen. Does the scale of it all make you think too much about death and what happens after (non religious) ?

Not on your life, as the saying goes!

The ultimate source and definition of "energy," non-locally, is "infinity."

The ultimate source and definition of "energy," locally, is "potential." The potential of infinity.

I'm right in my element, regarding Cosmology and Physics, with the multi-faceted outside-ins (the infinities) and the finite, local, relative, FRONTIER "potentials," or potential "FRONTIERS."

I've defined "what is energy" and the scale and scales of it all regarding Cosmology and Physics in two words (non-locally and locally in a quantum entanglement) to my great satisfaction.

Further definition:
Utopia ("noble" savagery) = Death (thus, real reason to fear).
Frontier ("ignoble" civilization) = Life (thus, no real reason to fear).

Last edited:
Reactions: RobbyQbit
Does having an understanding of Cosmology and the Universe make you fear life and what could happen. Does the scale of it all make you think too much about death and what happens after (non religious) ?
Studying the heavens has brought us great technological achievements. Measuring the angle of sunrays at different locations on Earth revealed to Eratosthenes (~ 240 BC) that the Earth is spherical, which greatly enhanced shipping, once his views caught on, of course.

Fusion energy was found to help explain how stars can be so luminous for billions of years. If we do actually find a way to make fusion plants work then we won't need fossil fuel plants.

Observing the cosmos is like coming out of one's cave and seeing creation, and allowing oneself to become a part of it. The good news is that nothing out there is likely going to harm us. Asteroids will now have a hard timing hitting us, if one even gets close enough. No star is close enough to go supnernova and harm us, etc. So jump in, the water's fine!

May 31, 2023
Visit site
Observing the cosmos is like coming out of one's cave and seeing creation, and allowing oneself to become a part of it. The good news is that nothing out there is likely going to harm us. Asteroids will now have a hard timing hitting us, if one even gets close enough. No star is close enough to go supnernova and harm us, etc. So jump in, the water's fine!
I sometimes wonder about the smaller Asteroids that might slip through the net. They may have a small mass but KE proportional to v^2 packs a lot of energy. Tunguska event being an example. Also if such an event happened over a major city, what else could that trigger i.e. Civil disorder/Nuclear exchange.

Enjoy, if you think you can.

The future frontier from out of the vastness of, the brute force of, O'Neill-like frontier (PC) local and wide area networks of colonization and shrinkage of the elastic spacetime of the solar system.

We, via our energies, shrank the Earth in the distances of the Earth. There is no reason why we can't do the same with the solar system, and then the galaxy, if not the universe beyond first before the galaxy. Only the man, and woman, still in the cave in their minds believes it will be impossible.

Last edited:
I sometimes wonder about the smaller Asteroids that might slip through the net. They may have a small mass but KE proportional to v^2 packs a lot of energy. Tunguska event being an example. Also if such an event happened over a major city, what else could that trigger i.e. Civil disorder/Nuclear exchange.
Yes, but our atmosphere protects us from all but the larger asteroids. The Tunguska object was > 100 meters in size.

There have been some effective studies for locating all NEO (Near Earth Objects) that are hazardous.

ATLAS can scan the entire sky in 24 hours.

SpaceWeather.com has updated lists of objects coming our way.

There are asteroid hazard scales (Torino and Palermo) that combine the likelihood of an impact with their damage potential.

Reactions: RobbyQbit
May 31, 2023
Visit site
And on the subject of what happens after death I have some thoughts. I don't remember anything before I was born or even shortly after. Years before I was born where was I ? I feel the same about when we depart. Although parts of me will remain. Or is it that before I was born the energy was there that represented me?

Latest posts