Crust-cracks cook crusty crackers for crust-critters

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

h2ouniverse

From New Scientist:<br /><br />"Shaken and stirred crust keeps deep microbes alive<br /><br />Earthquakes don’t always mean death and destruction – at least for the microbes deep in the crust. Regular rumblings could be what enables them to stay alive, and maybe even Martian bugs too.<br />Earth’s crust is known to host hardy bacteria even several kilometers below the surface. These cells have no sun or organic material to sustain them, so they feed off the chemical energy in reactive molecules like hydrogen dissolved in the water seeping out the rock. This means their growth and survival is limited by the flow of nutrients from deeper sources.<br />Now Norman Sleep and Mark Zoback of Stanford University in California say that earthquakes could provide these nutrients. The researchers’ calculations show that seismic events would happen regularly enough to ensure a dependable supply of food right across a tectonic plate, sustaining microbial life for billions of years (Astrobiology, vol 7, p 1023).<br />Earthquakes would open up cracks in the crust, they say, releasing pockets of deeper nutrient-rich water and exposing fresh rock that would further drive the chemical reactions that release molecules like hydrogen.<br />This mechanism might also keep microbes supplied with nutrients deep in the single-plate of Mars, they say."<br /><br />

A

alkalin

Cooking can calcify colorful critters containing changing characteristics. Could comely critters consummate creative culinary? Could creature content consume chert? Content could create composition considered crucial considering cosmological change. <br /><br />

V

vogon13

Can crust critters consume clatharated carbonates, chlorides, chromates, and crystals contained in continental crust ??<br /><br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

A

alkalin

Crystal comforts comes contorted concerning creatures crammed creations. Callused caboose creases cause controlled cramping contortions consequently confined. Could cloth conceal concern?

Y

yevaud

Certainly Clatherated Carbonates, Chlorides, Chromates, and Crystals are Consumable, but are they <i>Cuisine?!</i><br /><br />Because many Crustaceous Canthrids on Clothidia C Can Confess to Consuming them in Considerable Chunks. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

R

richalex

Could copper compounds cause cryptobacteria colony conquest?

Y

yevaud

Confidentially, I can Confirm that Condition. Cryptobacteria Craves Copper Compounds Crazily. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

V

vogon13

Could Kolkata chickens connect to crust critters covertly ??<br /><br />Considerable chaos and calamity causes crowds to consider choices containing catastrophe.<br /><br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

D

derekmcd

Cessation of crust cracking craziness could cause a collapsed cold core creating concern centering close to crust consuming critters. <br /><br />Conversely, colossal catastrophes create capable critters craving consumables cornering cracks and crevices.<br /><br />Care to craft a contradiction concerning my convoluted cognitive concept? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div> </div><br /><div><span style="color:#0000ff" class="Apple-style-span">"If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing." - Homer Simpson</span></div> </div>

A

alkalin

Could cooked chickens catch cold? Crack critters cooperating can convert content. Can consequences come closer concerning covering crust? Captive capillaries cause channels converting crust content concerning cover canopy.<br /><br />

H

h2ouniverse

Can co-posters concentrate & cover concretely crust cracking concerning crustophiles?<br /><br />

H

h2ouniverse

Canopy can collect critters, killing colony collectively con H2O2. Conversely, critters can crawl converging into closed cool-water-filled cosy caves in core.

Y

yevaud

Clearly the Confluence of Cobalt, Carbonates, and Colonies of Coliforms are Confusing the Central Concern here. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts