Question CYCLIC UNIVERSE

Page 7 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Jun 11, 2023
Visit site
Hello Adoni

I do read your links

Sorry my work takes a lot of my time.
Thanks!! I'm glad you have a job!! I've been out of work since the end of February 2020. Unemployment benefits helped out alot in 2020 and 2021 due to Covid extensions and addons but after that, in 2022, I got frustrated looking for work and, just, took to the retired life!!

Talk more, soon!! Have a great day!!

Last edited:
I do not agree with the following paper. But! is worth reading.

[Submitted on 11 Dec 2023]

Collapsing universe before time​

Gary Shiu, Flavio Tonioni, Hung V. Tran
In this note, we prove analytic bounds on the equation of state of a cosmological fluid composed of an arbitrary number of canonical scalars evolving in a negative multi-exponential potential. Because of the negative energy, the universe is contracting and eventually undergoes a big crunch. A contracting universe is a fundamental feature of models of ekpyrosis and cyclic universes, which are a proposed alternative to cosmic inflation to solve the flatness and horizon problems. Our analytic bounds set quantitative constraints on general effective theories of ekpyrosis. When applied to specific top-down constructions, our bounds can be used to determine whether ekpyrosis could in principle be realized. We point out some possible sources of tension in realizing the ekpyrotic universe in controlled constructions of string theory.

Recycling matter in the universe is not a new thing.

[Submitted on 25 Sep 2007]

Recycling Matter in the Universe. X-ray observations of SBS 1150+599A (PN G135.9+55.9)​

Gagik Tovmassian, John Tomsick, Ralf Napiwotzki, Lev Yungelson, Miriam Peña, Grazyna Stasińska, Michael Richer
We present X-ray observations of the close binary nucleus of the planetary nebula SBS 1150+599A obtained with the XMM-Newton satellite. Only one component of the binary can be observed in optical-UV. New X-ray observations show that the previously invisible component is a very hot compact star. This finding allows us to deduce rough values for the basic parameters of the binary. With a high probability the total mass of the system exceeds Chandrasekhar limit and makes the SBS 1150+599A one of the best candidate for a supernova type Ia progenitor.

Latest posts