Debates about the U.S. space program

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ahmedabdelgwad

I would like to know if there were any famous or popular debates that took place in the twentieth century about the Necessity of the us space program.

G

Gravity_Ray

ahmedabdelgwad":23niyxsb said:
I would like to know if there were any famous or popular debates that took place in the twentieth century about the Necessity of the us space program.

Sputnik

Y

Yuri_Armstrong

As it stands now it's hard to argue with Neil Armstrong, Gene Cernan, and Jim Lovell about the challenge-less Obama plan. I honestly don't understand why we can't keep the shuttle running, help commercial space, keep the ISS until at least 2020, return to the moon and go to Mars. It is expensive, so we should take money from other inflated budgets, mainly the defense budget, to fund these ambitious projects. We need more MANNED space exploration, probes can only do so much.

R

rockett

ahmedabdelgwad":3sn0qjzb said:
Not in the 20th century. We KNEW we needed a space program, and had a little national pride too. The NASA budget actually reached 4.41% of the national budget in 1966, stayed over 1% until 1975, and remained close to or slightly over that until 2000. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASA_Budget

It's only in the 21st century that we seem to have lost our vision and drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts