Defying Gravity (ABC)

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nimbus

It doesn't make sense unless you see it as a mere scifi inconvenience to proper soap like DG's creators do.

S

SpacexULA

Carlton1963":1wkfr36z said:
OK. So I'm new to this posting thing. I like the show, although it took its time to get interesting. But I have one problem; if they so far from earth, how can they have real-time communication? Is it just me, or does this not make sense????

Because it's science fiction. Sort of asking why MMA fighters don't die, WWE fighters don't bleed, and no one stays dead on soap opera.

We humans would have so killed that spiral thing and dissected it. I wished someone would smash it so I could see how it worked the whole way though the last episode.

Go Humans!

M

missionunknown

I watched episode one in UK (bbc i'm british and get everything later than north america) and thought it had solid foundations. I definitely think they were spot on with the cast with having that woman from 24 and that man from band of brothers both entertaining good actors. Tbh the fact that its set in space means it gets my vote that coupled with the fact that its semi/ mostly serious with mostly law abiding science. (I can't really stand all these american shows like babylon 5, star trek etc that presume the universe is teeming with intelligent life). DF is part funded by the bbc, fox and a german station i think so i think its in good hands.

Roll on episode 2 !

N

nimbus

It's so bad that it's cancelled. The sets are torn down already.
Whereas shows like Good vs Evil embraced the corny and campy without taking themselves seriously, DG takes viewers for idiots with its unoriginal, repetitive, predictable, soapy sappy crappiness, that you're supposed to eat up like it was gold. It completely failed at pretty much everything. There's few things worse than a show so bad that it has to tell you how you're supposed to react to it with those cheesy drawn out meaningless singing segments with truisms voiced over, and actors inspired only to look like deer in the headlights because some heart stopping drama leaves them dumbfounded for the 101st time.

Rubbish.

M

missionunknown

saw the second episode last night and thought it was okay, i'll certainly endeavour to watch the whole series anyway.

D

dpen

Anyone seen Defying Gravity yet?

I saw this show called Defying Gravity a while ago and I thought it was awesome. They stopped airing the show on ABC a little while ago, which is really sad but the SPACE channel picked it up which was cool.

Anyways, the show is over for now, but I'm rooting for a season 2. Has anyone else seen it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts