Dimensional manifestation of matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PJay_A

<p>I was just thinking.... Might it be possible that there could be several possible dimensional manifestations of energy into&nbsp;matter? Three dimensional matter manifests as E=MC2, while less energy&nbsp;would be required to produce two dimensional matter and much greater amounts of energy for hyper-dimensional matter?</p>

V

vogon13

<p>&nbsp;</p><p>Our 3 dimensional matter is not, in fact, 100% matter in any regard.&nbsp; IIRC, ~40% of what you experience as the 'heft' of, let's say a can of cream of mushroom soup, is the mass equivalent of the energy of motion of the quarks and gluons and such in the soup can.&nbsp; You have never encountered 100% pure matter, just the weird, cheap&nbsp; hybrid stuff of our particular reality.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

E

emperor_of_localgroup

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>I was just thinking.... Might it be possible that there could be several possible dimensional manifestations of energy into&nbsp;matter? Three dimensional matter manifests as E=MC2, while less energy&nbsp;would be required to produce two dimensional matter and much greater amounts of energy for hyper-dimensional matter? <br /> Posted by PJay_A</DIV></p><p><font size="2">Good 'original' thinking!!!</font></p><p><font size="2">My thoughts with dimensions&nbsp; these days include the question, 'can universes of various dimensions co-exist?' In other words, can a universe of dimension n be embedded in a universe of dimension n+1? If so, how do the life(s) of one universe perceive the life(s) or objects of another universe? I'm beginning to think there's only 1 universe but in multiple 'forms' and all&nbsp; residing in the same 'space'. </font></p><p><font size="2">It'd be very interesting if someone can logically guess what would&nbsp; the formula E=mc^2 be in other dimensions?</font></p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="2" color="#ff0000"><strong>Earth is Boring</strong></font> </div>

S

SHU

<p><font size="2">We might be taking dimensions a bit too literally.&nbsp; If we take Cartesian coordinates and add a z axis we get a way to measure 3 dimensions.&nbsp; We could, less conveniently, use a concentric or polar &nbsp;system with only one dimension (depth) and angles.&nbsp; Mathematically, there are obvious advantages for the former, particularly&nbsp;linear&nbsp;(matrix) algebra, but it's still just a measure,&nbsp;not&nbsp;an intrinsic property.&nbsp;</font></p><p><font size="2">Emperor, you might want to look into Maldacena's "Holographic Universe", which is an offshoot of the AdS/CFT correspondence.&nbsp; It describes how information transposes into lesser dimensions like a holograph.&nbsp; I avoided that reference in an earlier thread for various reasons, mostly respect.&nbsp; Of course that brings up another question: What is information?</font></p>

W

weeman

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>I'm beginning to think there's only 1 universe but in multiple 'forms' and all&nbsp; residing in the same 'space'.&nbsp; <br />Posted by emperor_of_localgroup</DIV><br /><br />Wouldn't that be an exact definition for parallel universes? </p><p>The reason they are called "parallel" universes is because they exist within the same space as our universe, yet they are composed of different outcomes compared to our universe. </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><strong><font color="#ff0000">Techies: We do it in the dark. </font></strong></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>"Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.</strong><strong>" -Albert Einstein </strong></font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts