Dimensional Space

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dragonous

I was just wondering space in our dimension expands at a current fixed yet enormous rate, right. What if space was reprsented as an object that expands, and the current number of pointssides this object has represents the current dimensional representation. I just have this crazy theory that space, through all of the other dimensions. Expands on a given rate based on the dimension, but all dimensions expands on volume quite equally. I was just wondering if this was true or not.

V

vogon13

Not to be picky, but please read your post out loud, and then edit for clarity. It is not clear what you are asking about.<br /><br /><br />Cool name, dragonous, by the way. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

I

iron_sun_254

Space does not expand at a constant rate...it expands at an accelerating rate.

C

CalliArcale

But the rate of acceleration is constant, is it not? Or am I way wrong here? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#666699"><em>"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly . . . timey wimey . . . stuff."</em>  -- The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

D

dragonous

I'm talking about dimensional space, and I am unclear if we are in a 3rd or 4th dimension universe. Space either expands as a gigantic rapidly expanding balloon or expands as an explosion growing bigger and bigger. Except the expansion of space is currently known to people as unlimited. Thank you, I always had a knack for thinking for screen names.

M

main_sequence

Hi<br />I think I know what you are getting at, but there are some terms that you have to clarify for us first.<br /><br />To start with, by saying "space" you mean the universe correct? From my understanding, we live in a experimentally verifiable 4 dimensional universe. We can move up and down, to the left and right, backwards and forwards, and a combination of all those in between. Then you add time in order to note changes in those positions in a fluid state. Mathematically constructed ideas (string theory) state we live in at least 10 dimensions with the familiar 4 the only ones we can currently probe with our technology. <br /> The universe is expanding, at varying rates throughout its history. Violently at first (the big bang), then slowly, and recently accelerating (I think the figure was about 7 billion years ago is when it started to speed up again). <br /> From my understanding, we live in at least 4 dimensions, but possible more if the stringers are correct.<br /> The expansion of the universe would not be unlimited (that is if the big bang theory is correct). The expansion has a finite history, though to measure an end to it is a different item entirely. Your analogy of the "rapidly expanding balloon" and "explosion" is comparing 2 similar things. If a balloon blows up too rapidly, an explosion is the result. <br /><br />I think your question is, please correct me if I am wrong - If the universe is expanding (the 3 spatial dimensions) then are the other dimensions (time or the string theory-proposed 6 others) getting larger as well? Is that your idea?<br /><br /><br /><br />

E

emperor_of_localgroup

I think mr. dragon's idea is interesting. I also have similar questions time to time. When we say the universe is expanding, does it mean the expanded portion of the universe (space) is the same as the rest of the universe (space)? Which is really augmentation of the universe. <br />But if the universe expands like a pillsbury bread in an oven, then the density (or other properties) of the space must be changing. How can something physically expand without changing its properties?<br />What then really is happening here? Im interested to know what do the modern cosmologists think in this matter. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="2" color="#ff0000"><strong>Earth is Boring</strong></font> </div>

D

dragonous

I agree with you, but the only problem is the lack of information and the lack of published books. My theory on spacial density as well as the expand rate of space at this pace is what I'm trying to explain. Also a balloon expanding is not an accurate model of how the universe expanded, but it is the only model that I can think of to portray as a simple project that even a kid can explain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts