Question During any flight to Mars, what will the people be doing all this time?

Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
I know that it will take(at current speed) that it's a long journey, so what tasks will they be doing? There are crew people and scientist aboard but what about just passengers? It's not going to be a luxury liner spaceship, is it?

Reactions: sam85geo

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Performing experiments and maintenance. Eating, sleeping, exercising....all the same things now performed by members aboard the ISS.

I seriously doubt any passengers will be along, just to consume supplies...

Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
I was to understand that Elon Musk wants "people" to also land on Mars including citizen's , no special talents . Tv shows like "Lost in Space" journey will be long, so they put them into tubes for suspended animation. Plus even though there will be more or less than 100 people lasting like what 6-9 mons, the food source would be enormous. Sure certain food can be produced aboard but wait until you get to mars. Also don't you think people will get tried of the same routine day in and day out during the flight?

Mar 24, 2020
Visit site
Surely they'd be streaming a reality TV show, alternating with 'interviews' answering pre-sent questions, and self generated vlogs. Earning good money for themselves and their families back on Earth.

What will they be doing on a trip to Mars? Foregoing the obvious salacious innuendo for a mixed gender crew, the more obvious and paramount question is " Can and how will the crew and any passengers survive either a one way trip and/or a return trip"? Basically, at this time, in this decade why go to Mars; there's no one there, and the "climate" is worse than the Sahara desert in summer. Want the vicarious experience? Watch the Star Trek re-runs and spend some time reading physical science books, (take a look at the offerings at "TheGreatCourses.com).

Last edited: