Educator Astronauts

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

blacknebula

With so limited number of shuttle flights left, and the CEV only capable of carrying 4 people to the moon with an expected manifest of 2-3 trips a year, what is NASA going to do with the new educator astronauts? Specifically, what is NASA going to do with its huge astronaut corps? The GAO has told NASA to decrease the number of members in the astronaut corps as it drains the budget (and I'd imagine with all the "training" the non-active astronauts do), so is it time to lay off some astronauts?

B

baktothemoon

"so is it time to lay off some astronauts?"<br /><br />I hope not. <br /> <br /><br />

E

erioladastra

"what is NASA going to do with the new educator astronauts? Specifically, what is NASA going to do with its huge astronaut corps?"<br /><br />Griffin is not a fan of the educator astronauts is not sure what will happen with them as a group. Likely, they will be assigned to flights if it makes sense down the road but I wouldn't count on many. I don't think NASA will layoff anyone. Even if they decided they had too many I thinkt hey would just be temp assigned somewhere. I beleive NASA is tentatively planning another selection since they have to account for attrition between now and CEV. I think they are already concerned about the number of pilots in the corps. We will have to see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts