Elon Musk says SpaceX's 1st Starship trip to Mars could fly in 4 years

Sam

Jan 5, 2020
Visit site
There is a way to launch to Mars at anytime that came out awhile back. A little slower as I remember. Musk has said he could get to Mars in 2 months with Starship by going faster so that should not be a problem.

Apr 17, 2020
Visit site
ok, if he says this is only a trasportation system who will step up to actually build the base? nasa certainly doesn't have the money. building a base and sustaining it would cost unbelieveable amounts of money.

Oct 16, 2020
Visit site
I saw his recent last night/this morning youtube video on his plans for Starship and was very optimistic hopefully they get the dust devil stuff handled. I am curious though if the high amount of perchlorates could create any fuel irregularities for a power assisted landing. The launch times were much earlier than I suspected and even seemed to mirror some of MarsOne's proposed timelines. Elon does like Flamethrowers though.

Nice to see progress on this, especially since the P2P version could mean carbon neutral intercontinental flights (if using the Mars type Sabatier process for propellant recapture).

That’s one way of putting it! Remember the Dragon?

Not really, no. If this is alluding to the NASA heel dragging on the propellant landing version for Red Dragon to Mars, it was replaced with Starship.

More obviously, Starship is 2-4 years delayed against initial projections.

ok, if he says this is only a trasportation system who will step up to actually build the base?

We [the colonists] are supposed to pay their way.

I am curious though if the high amount of perchlorates could create any fuel irregularities for a power assisted landing.

Relatively high amounts, the oxidizer is "only" present in 1-2 % by mass and will not pass the engines.

It is more of a problem for visitors (poisonous for animals with nervous systems).

Latest posts