Exclusive: Filmmakers hunt for the truth in new documentary trailer for 'On the Trail of UFOs: Dark Sky'

UFO's are a "money making concept' that seems to be of unlimited potential. My opinion: Rather than face, research and quantify the sobering, harsh realities of our place in the Universe, the semi-religious belief in extraterrestrial UFO's, is akin to wishing/wanting fairies and gnomes in one's garden and/or speculative entertainment.

Wolfshadw

UFO's are a "money making concept' that seems to be of unlimited potential. My opinion: Rather than face, research and quantify the sobering, harsh realities of our place in the Universe, the semi-religious belief in extraterrestrial UFO's, is akin to wishing/wanting fairies and gnomes in one's garden and/or speculative entertainment.
Be it UFOs or anything else; just because we don't see them doesn't mean they're not there.

My personal take on it is simple. Civilization has been here for only a few thousand years. Barely a blink of an eye in the life time our solar system. I imagine a solar system not that different from our own, but say a million years older. Some how, some way, the same evolutionary path; one phase being humanoid.

I look at how far we've come in the last couple hundred of years. I then think of what we might accomplish if given an extra million years. What might an older civilization have learned that we have yet to and if such a civilization exists, is it really that hard to accept they may have found us in a way that we find other exo-planets?

-Wolf sends

Reactions: sam85geo
sam85geo, I could not agree more but, one small point, in England we keep our fairies at the bottom of the garden. Perhaps other parts of the world are more generous in their geographical limitations?

Cat :)
Cat: I broke into a laugh reading your post. Given the "confusion" in the U.S. and especially in NY, and for a lack of more precise terms and fear of a grapes violation, I am regrettably forgoing the opportunity and temptation to further comment on creatures UFO, garden, mythical and otherwise.

Reactions: Catastrophe

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
sam85geo, I do understand. It did cross my mind. But this was part of the English language long before other meanings became attached to the word.
Say no more. We don't want any trouble. But, moderators, what I posted was strictly in the context of Victorian English (and probably much, much later).

EOS.

Cat :)

Reactions: sam85geo
Be it UFOs or anything else; just because we don't see them doesn't mean they're not there.

My personal take on it is simple. Civilization has been here for only a few thousand years. Barely a blink of an eye in the life time our solar system. I imagine a solar system not that different from our own, but say a million years older. Some how, some way, the same evolutionary path; one phase being humanoid.

I look at how far we've come in the last couple hundred of years. I then think of what we might accomplish if given an extra million years. What might an older civilization have learned that we have yet to and if such a civilization exists, is it really that hard to accept they may have found us in a way that we find other exo-planets?

-Wolf sends
Wolf: You points are logical. However, for me extraterrestrial UFO's need/must be proven to exist. That means a body, (alive or dead}, hardware that could not be manufactured on Earth, electro magnetic signals demonstrated to be communicative and not of Earth or our space craft origin. Yeh! I'm a cynic and not just about extraterrestrial UFO's and sapient alien beings. Too much now, in my opinion, is simply taken on hearsay and delusional belief. Thus, to answer your question; it's impossible for me to logically accept that "they may have found us". But I would be delighted and enthralled to be proven wrong.

Latest posts