Question expansion theory

Nov 8, 2020
Visit site
if the universe is expanding like a wave, will it return like a wave returning to the sea and cause another big bang event, if so, could the purpose of the current life forms be to break through the returning wall of reality to the primordial nothing that was before

Consider that since the BB event ~ 4.352 x 10^17 seconds elapsed until the present. How many more seconds will elapse before *another big bang event*? I am using c. g. s. units. The question allows seconds to be used as a constraint parameter.

IG2007

"Don't criticize what you can't understand..."
if the universe is expanding like a wave, will it return like a wave returning to the sea and cause another big bang event, if so, could the purpose of the current life forms be to break through the returning wall of reality to the primordial nothing that was before
It might seem that simple. But, I guess, not everything is simple, especially when we are talking from the perspective of a human being. A wave spreads uniformly throughout the ocean and then comes back by hitting a ground or a boundary. Well, does infinity have a boundary?

What proof do you have that the universe is expanding? BB might be expanding, but BB might not be the universe.
BB might just be just 1 event in a never ending universe of fluctuation.

A wave in forever looses all meaning.
Just some food for thought.

Consider that since the BB event ~ 4.352 x 10^17 seconds elapsed until the present. How many more seconds will elapse before *another big bang event*? I am using c. g. s. units. The question allows seconds to be used as a constraint parameter.
Could be as simple as when everything is gone from the center fluctuation starts creating permanent particles again and slowly builds until a set energy is reached that fluctuation can't hold back.
New Big Bang and never ending onion skin universe forever.
Might be a long wait though for proof :)

IG2007

What proof do you have that the universe is expanding? BB might be expanding, but BB might not be the universe.
BB might just be just 1 event in a never ending universe of fluctuation.

A wave in forever looses all meaning.
Just some food for thought.
Well, I know that as well as you do. I was just trying to make @Soul Searcher understand the thing by their own analogy.

Reactions: Catastrophe

IG2007

You gave a very similar reply to me :)
Does infinity have a boundary. was your quote.

Same thought for me :)
Oof, grammar! I don't want to sound rude but if you replaced that "to" with "like" or "as" and make a little bit of changes in the sentences, that will make it better to understand what you actually meant to say. I hope I am not sounding too rude. :)

Reactions: Catastrophe
Oof, grammar! I don't want to sound rude but if you replaced that "to" with "like" or "as" and make a little bit of changes in the sentences, that will make it better to understand what you actually meant to say. I hope I am not sounding too rude. :)
Using a tv connected to my computer so lucky if i get most of the text correct LOL Sort of like looking at a screen with someone else's glasses on.

if the universe is expanding like a wave, will it return like a wave returning to the sea and cause another big bang event,
A wave is pushed onto the land from all that wind energy it accumulated. That push (kinetic energy) takes it only so far up the shore whereupon gravity draws it back into the sea. Similarly, as you suggest, this same force (ie gravity) has the ability to pull all the universe back to that beginning point, but only if something isn't preventing that from happening. What was discovered (serendipity) was that the universe isn't slowing down as it expands, but speeding up. Using your wave analogy, the initial expansion should be noticeably slowing down as it converts all the initial surge energy into potential energy. What they found was that the universe is accelerating, as if -- using your wave analogy again -- the wind has gotten stronger and is pushing water onto the shore with no return. No one knows what this "wind" might actually be, but they can't see it directly (hence why not call it dark) and it must be an energy-like something or other to overcome gravity, so they call it Dark Energy.

McDonald Obs. , in the last several months, is now doing a major study in understanding more about DE. They are using their modified 9m, or so, telescope with incredible imaging from its 35,000 fiber optics coming from their huge camera sensors.

if so, could the purpose of the current life forms be to break through the returning wall of reality to the primordial nothing that was before
It's hard to imagine any good purpose associated with a collapse of this universe as temperatures will reach in the many billions of degrees before any hope of a break through.

Latest posts