Eye peice FOV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Skyhydra

<p>I have eyepeice with either a 44 AFOV, how much is actually being seen in degree .5 degrees or more.&nbsp; How can I figure it out.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>That way if I am star hoping and looking at a map I can now how much to move the scope. </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

C

Carrickagh

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>I have eyepeice with either a 44 AFOV, how much is actually being seen in degree .5 degrees or more.&nbsp; How can I figure it out.&nbsp;That way if I am star hoping and looking at a map I can now how much to move the scope. <br />Posted by Skyhydra</DIV><br /><br /><span style="font-size:10pt"><font face="Times New Roman">When you bought the eyepiece they propably did not state the actual field of view. Eyepiece specs are typically given as focal length in millimeters and field of view in degrees. The FOV in this case is sometimes called apparent FOV. Optics makers do not always give the <em>actual</em> field of view because it will likely change depending on the scope it is attached to. This is because it is a function of a telescope&rsquo;s focal length. </font></span><font face="Times New Roman"><span style="font-size:10pt">A formula you might want to try is:</span></font> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" class="MsoNormalTable"><tbody><tr><td style="background-color:transparent;border:#ece9d8;padding:0.75pt"><font face="Times New Roman"><span style="font-size:10pt">Calculation 1: Actual FOV (deg) = </span></font>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts