Favorite Twilight Zone, Outer Limits, Show

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yevaud

Henry, I just watched that very episode, oh, about two weeks ago. :)

H

HRacct

Which one? The one with Burgess in it? He did do a good job at whatever he was in.

I was interested in the other one as well, but I cannot remember the name.

Y

yevaud

No, the other one, with Keenan Wynn. It was on cable here recently. A TZ all-day Marathon.

H

HRacct

That would be fun to watch!! I liked Keenan in his roles. I just read somewhere that his father was Ed Wynn. He was the sidewalk salesman who pulled a fast one on the death angel, and then had to pitch the angel so good he would miss his next appointment with a little girl. Ed was also a prince from another world who got to play with the kids until his court searchers found him out, and had to take him home.

M

MeteorWayne

If anyone is up at 5:30 AM EDT today, one of my fave TZ on SyFy:

"The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street"

MW

J

jim48

The best Twilight Zone, IMO, was "The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street", by Rod Serling. Great commentary on fear, loathing and prejudice. The aliens sure had our number in that one! My favorite Outer Limits was the very first one, in which Cliff Robertson beamed in an alien from another galaxy by accident. That one scared the bejeebers out of me when I was a kid! "There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the controls..."

Q

Quantum11

StarRider1701":1t0swktg said:
Yes, those were all good. Wasn't Shatner in another episode, or maybe it was an old Outer Limits? He was a Census Taker in some small, midwest town, I think...?

Shatner was in the one where he was obsessed with the fortune telling machine in the deli.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqCYsvesXPM[/youtube]

R

raptorborealis

I don't know if it was Outer Limits or Twilight Zone. Back when our family car was a used 57 Chev.

Someone had a watch (?)....a stopwatch?...

Anyways, when the watch stopped, time and everything around stopped but the character could still move as if all was normal. He could start the watch and all would resume as if nothing unusual had happened.

At the end there is some type of panic and he (she?) stops the watch....he looks in the sky and there is a nuclear missile about to strike ...we then know he can never start time again or the missile will eplode and all will be killed. he is doomed to live alone but with people all around him.

Sounds corny today, but growing up as a kid with 'duck and cover', air raid sirens, etc. that episode scared me to death.

The only thing that scared me more was a movie I now know was called 'Devil Girl from Mars'. I could only recall one ar two memories of it but it was HORRIFIC. :shock: Then by chance few years ago I was watching a B&W movie and suddednly realized it was the same movie...'THE MOVIE' that haunted me for years!....really bad and corny. :lol:

M

Mee_n_Mac

raptorborealis":3mniah9r said:
I don't know if it was Outer Limits or Twilight Zone. Back when our family car was a used 57 Chev.

Someone had a watch (?)....a stopwatch?...

Anyways, when the watch stopped, time and everything around stopped but the character could still move as if all was normal. He could start the watch and all would resume as if nothing unusual had happened.

At the end there is some type of panic and he (she?) stops the watch....he looks in the sky and there is a nuclear missile about to strike ...we then know he can never start time again or the missile will eplode and all will be killed. he is doomed to live alone but with people all around him.

Sounds corny today, but growing up as a kid with 'duck and cover', air raid sirens, etc. that episode scared me to death.

The only thing that scared me more was a movie I now know was called 'Devil Girl from Mars'. I could only recall one ar two memories of it but it was HORRIFIC. :shock: Then by chance few years ago I was watching a B&W movie and suddednly realized it was the same movie...'THE MOVIE' that haunted me for years!....really bad and corny. :lol:

It was TWZ, "A Kind of Stopwatch".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Kind_of_a_Stopwatch

M

MeteorWayne

Close, but that's not the storyline of the TZ episode. In that one, the guy was robbing the bank when he broke the watch, it had nothing to do with a nuclear missile.

R

raptorborealis

MeteorWayne":b8s22dnc said:
Close, but that's not the storyline of the TZ episode. In that one, the guy was robbing the bank when he broke the watch, it had nothing to do with a nuclear missile.

Thanks. Must be Outer limits.

Were there any other similar shows of that era?...Night Gallery, Twilight on. Outer Limits...others?now i saw a b

Edited: This is 'sort of' the same story but it is a modern Twighlight zone:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Little_Peace_and_Quiet

I

Ishimura_

starsinmyeyes44":v4rptfv6 said:
I can't remember if this is from the newer version of The TZ or of The OL....but I really like this episode...

A ship that was meant to rescue another, lost ship has itself crashed on an alien planet. Initially, it appears that the survivors of the rescue ship fulfilled their mission....but at the end, it is seen that they have been cocooned by spiderlike creatures and that they are only hallucinating that they rescued the others.

This was from the new OL and was titled "Tempests". This was one of my favorites also.

J

jim48

You TZ fans must get The Twilight Zone Companion, by Marc Scott Zecree. The Twilight Zone book! ;)

D

doublehelix

jim48":nsy29lfl said:
You TZ fans must get The Twilight Zone Companion, by Marc Scott Zecree. The Twilight Zone book! ;)

I believe we had that book growing up! Awesome.

-dh

C

crazyeddie

raptorborealis":fu8kp9uq said:
Thanks. Must be Outer limits.

Were there any other similar shows of that era?...Night Gallery, Twilight on. Outer Limits...others?now i saw a b

Yes, there was one show that ran on ABC from 1959 to 1961 called One Step Beyond, which, if I recall correctly, was designed to compete with The Twilight Zone, and it had an "X-Files" feel to it:

Created by Merwin Gerard and produced by the prolific producer Collier Young, the program was hosted by John Newland, "your guide to the supernatural" (also credited as "Our guide into the world of the unknown"). Newland presented tales which explored paranormal events and various situations that defied logical explanation. Unlike other anthology programmers, this ABC network series episodes were presented in the form of straightforward thirty-minute docudramas, all said to be based on true events.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcoa_Pres ... tep_Beyond

W

warpfactor999

The new outer limits episode where the presidential candidate advisor convinces the candidate to jump out of a perfectly good airplane because the candidate is convinced it (the plane) is going to crash. (I think he's a democrat) the candidate is convinced he will be safe while the plane crashes....however the exact opposite occurs. The plane lands safely and the democratic candidate falls to his death only after the spirit who prompted him to jump out explains the whole outcome to the democratic candidate......awesome....!!!!!

PS: Candidate looks like Kerry!!!!!!

J

jim48

MeteorWayne":3qaieuat said:
"It's a Cookbook!!!"

Lloyd Bochner played the protagonist in that one, the only time I've ever seen him play a non-villain. They spoofed that in the very first Simpson's Halloween special, which introduced us to the slobbering, huge-fanged aliens Kang and Kodos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts